SpamCop has became worst than spam :-(

ipo

then you might at least try to show some sympathy for his situation

Huh? From the top, this person is sending e-mail from "my server" not his/her ISP's server. This person has been asked to justify why this is the situation, and this person has not answered. There were other issues, but again, never answered, never addressed, and I'm not in the mood to go back and do the same reading that I believe you should be doing to get back to what this Topic was about. It's not that far back that you'd see I even offered up a couple of software solutions that would solve even the alleged "needed" configuration, but ... again, never responded to ...

I'm sorry, but this guy from Rumania is running a mail server through a dial-up for a "school project" and he won't tell us the IP addresses he is using, or the name of his ISP?

And his project is to create a system to control home appliances by email from anywhere in the world, yet he can't figure out how to keep his email from bouncing?

And, I presume, if he is testing his "project," he would be sending email to willing participants using his client software. HE HAS NO LEGITIMATE REASON TO BE SENDING EMAIL TO ANYONE WHO HAS NOT "WHITELISTED" HIM, OR FOR THAT MATTER, TO ANYONE WHO DOES NOT KNOW HIM.

My B.S. meter is going off the scale.

When he says he wants to control home appliances, does he really mean, "take control" by using a trojan horse?

I am absolutely CERTAIN the guy is lying.

And I would bet that his "project" is to send a trojan horse that will allow him to control X-10 modules on infected computers. Modules controling, for example, lighting, security systems, and cameras.

Imagine if, before robbing a house, you could access cameras in the house to see if anyone is home and to scout likely locations where the valuables may be. Then, you turn off all the lights and disable the alarm system.

Most likely though, he just wants to see naked people.

Is there a way to check the SpamCop report logs to see if there is any activity consistent with this? Maybe HackerWatch can help?

I'm sorry, but this guy from Rumania is running a mail server through a dial-up for a "school project" and he won't tell us the IP addresses he is using, or the name of his ISP?

He could tell me in Romanian, I'd understand! :)

Archived