How to fix This email contains no date

moreofless

...My half-educated guess would be that you can not fix this, it must be fixed by Yahoo. However, based on my experience with Yahoo!Mail support (I am a non-paying user and am receiving support roughly commensurate with what I pay :) <g>) and others' reports here, effective help is unlikely, so the easiest and safest course of action is to just ignore those spams that SpamCop tells you it can't handle.

...My half-educated guess would be that you can not fix this, it must be fixed by Yahoo. However, based on my experience with Yahoo!Mail support (I am a non-paying user and am receiving support roughly commensurate with what I pay :) <g>) and others' reports here, effective help is unlikely, so the easiest and safest course of action is to just ignore those spams that SpamCop tells you it can't handle.

I don't understand how this is Yahoo. This does not happen when I report all spam just one particular spam that I get every day or so.

...It's Yahoo, IMHO, because there are only two ways it can happen (as far as I know):

1. The reporting user fails to accurately copy the spam internet header into the SpamCop web submission form (not relevant in your case, because you are submitting via e-mail).
  2. The e-mail host (for you, that's Yahoo) is not properly configuring internet headers.

I'm no expert, so it's entirely possible that I've missed something, but I'm 99.999% certain the problem is not SpamCop, because it assumes compliance to e-mail RFCs which, in turn, require dates on "From" lines in the internet headers. The fact that it doesn't always happen simply means that Yahoo is sometimes configuring headers properly and sometimes it isn't.

Archived