usergroop email is blocked from me

I am part of a yahoo user group whos email is fmugaz[at]yahoogroups.com

I need to recieve these emails and they are being blocked. My administrator told me to contact spamcop. My email is asbill[at]logicworksinc.us

What do I do? :ph34r:

Spamcop does not block anything. Spamcop is a list of IP addresses not email names or domain names that have been reported for sending spam and other email admins use this list for spam control.

You will have to enter the IP address you think is blocked or post the reject message you are receiving.

I need to recieve these emails and they are being blocked.  My administrator told me to contact spamcop.

You say that email coming to you is being blocked? If that's the case, then your administrator has sent you down the wrong path. Mail to you is blocked by your administrator because he is using the SpamCop blacklist. If that's the case, then mailings from your Yahoo group have been labeled as spam because they're coming from an IP address that has been marked as a spam source. SpamCop works only by IP address, so providing your email address doesn't help us. (In fact, posting your email addy in a public forum will only end up attracting more spam, so you should probably edit your post quickly!)

Have you or your administrator received a report from SpamCop with an IP address in it? That's the place to start...

Without a specific IP address to reference, there is no way for anyone here to tell whether the spamcop blocklist is involved in this problem. For the sake of this explanation, I will assume at least one of the servers yahoogroups uses is on the blocklist. This has been known to happen before as spammers have used yahoogroups to send their spam in the past and probably will again in the future. It is possible the server is on another list and not spamcop's, but I am trying to simplify here. Anything stated here would also apply to another list.

This does not mean that your group has spammed. All yahoogroups use a common set of servers to send their messages. All it takes is 1 spammer to ruin it for everyone. You could ask yahoo what they are doing to remove their spammers.

Do you use the spamcop email service to filter your email? Unless you do, spamcop has no way to interfere with the delivery of your email. Spamcop did not block your message. If you do, the message is likely in your Held Mail folder. You can whitelist messages in spamcop's email service.

Your ISP may be using the SpamCop blocklist to filter junk email from it's customers accounts. You should ask them if they filter email and how you can check whether a legitimate message was held. Also ask them how you can make sure these messages do not get blocked in the future (generally called white listing). Some configurations will allow each user to configure their own settings.

Good luck and come back with any followup questions you may have. Specific help can be given if you provide the IP address of the server you feel is blocked.

Without a specific IP address to reference, there is no way for anyone here to tell whether the spamcop blocklist is involved in this problem.

This does not mean that your group has spammed.  All yahoogroups use a common set of servers to send their messages.  All it takes is 1 spammer to ruin it for everyone.  You could ask yahoo what they are doing to remove their spammers.

A little while ago, it appears that Yahoo changed their headers to indicate the I.P. address of the original sender instead of making it appear that their servers originated any spam that they relayed.

The I.P. address of the rejection message is needed as stated to find the reasons for the listing.

If Yahoo Groups mail is bouncing to you, you can use their web form to check your subscription status. They seem to record the bounce messages to your account there.

-John

Personal Opinion Only

Archived