Unable to Whitelist Email

Sator

I've been using Spamcop for some ten years and I can usually solve problems without help but I'm a bit stuck on this one.

I am on the email list of a major international newspaper (daily news updates) for:

http://www.asahi.com/

The Asahi Shimbun newspaper has a daily circulation of 7.96 million papers, making it the second biggest newspaper in the world so it's hardly an obscure or dodgy site, yet I cannot for all the world whitelist it. Everyday my daily news update email ends up in the Held Mail bin. Everyday I whitelist it. Everyday it still ends up in the Held Mail. I've been doing this for several months now and am getting a bit tired of it.

I've repeatedly checked to see that asahi.com is in my whiltelist group and it is.

I've even tried creating a Filter rule to deliver asahi.com emails into my inbox.

I've tried reporting the error.

All to no avail.

I should mention that I do subscribe to the Japanese edition of the email. However, Japanese email addresses aren't considered universally that dodgy that they would automatically be considered spam. As a polyglot, I also get emails in German and Russian (Cyrillic) and I don't have nearly so much trouble!

Any help and suggestions would be most welcome.

I've even tried creating a Filter rule to deliver asahi.com emails into my inbox.

I've tried reporting the error.

All to no avail.

I should mention that I do subscribe to the Japanese edition of the email. However, Japanese email addresses aren't considered universally that dodgy that they would automatically be considered spam. As a polyglot, I also get emails in German and Russian (Cyrillic) and I don't have nearly so much trouble!

Any help and suggestions would be most welcome.

Can only suggest you post the headers of those mis-handled delivery e-mails (with your own details carefully munged). One would suspect the newspaper is using a subscription service which involves some other, perhaps aliased, domain.

Just put

asahi.com

in whitelist box

The whitelist works backwards

jp

would accept ALL email from and ending in jp

As stated I have REPEATEDLY checked ashai.com is in the whitelist. I have even tried to manually place it there.

All to no avail...

Can only suggest you post the headers of those mis-handled delivery e-mails (with your own details carefully munged). One would suspect the newspaper is using a subscription service which involves some other, perhaps aliased, domain.

Aha! Got you. The return-path is to cuenote.jp so I might try whitelisting that address to see if it helps.

Return-Path: <bounce-000004114-00463928c44317[at]fc1112.cuenote.jp>

Delivered-To: spamcop-net-[my email address][at]spamcop.net

Received: (qmail 16779 invoked from network); 12 Feb 2014 21:36:03 -0000

Received: from unknown (192.168.1.88) by filter8.cesmail.net with QMQP; 12 Feb 2014 21:36:03 -0000

Received: from fc1112-c.cuenote.jp (HELO fc1112.cuenote.jp) (158.201.241.47) by mxin1.cesmail.net with SMTP; 12 Feb 2014 21:35:12 -0000

X-spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.2.4 (2008-01-01) on filter8

X-spam-Level: **

X-spam-Status: hits=2.9 tests=SPF_HELO_PASS,TVD_SPACE_RATIO version=3.2.4

Dkim-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=dkim.cuenote.jp; s=y05; t=1392240957; x=1392845757; bh=whS5ZELareQm+Kl2SfWcJrwuUFL1ercru9QzXkydXxI=; h=Subject:From:To:MIME-Version:Date:Reply-To:Content-Type: Message-ID; b=dmJJ3Gpc/+bA6L4CwrbJC4fPT2VJFs+pCQNQ2lOUYygFbyoR3lO2joM0CiPR QHddmwfDyADk5trlaK0F7wJ7gIQZxQ9iV+HR7msK+HgOI6n4LQkCAJm4KO61L kaWoJ3LYnwEVBwUPH6gIgySrf/mPoBlCcBA5f3OR6CwdEduey4=

Errors-To: bounce-000004114-00463928c44317[at]fc1112.cuenote.jp

Mime-Version: 1.0

X-Mailer: Cuenote FC Version 5.10.2.44

X-Priority: 3

Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-2022-JP"

Message-Id: <1392.240957.451564[at]fc1112.cuenote.jp>

X-Spamcop-Checked:

X-Spamcop-Disposition: Blocked SpamAssassin=2

Aha! Got you. The return-path is to cuenote.jp so I might try whitelisting that address to see if it helps.

That will probably do the trick, although according the the FAQ:

The following headers are checked against the whitelist

Envelope Sender aka Return Path

Sender:

http://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/303.html

So your entry of "asahi.com" should have worked when checked against the From. However, if your use of cuenote.jp works, then all is well.

DT

Archived