Change wanted with Spamcop webmail spam reporting

I request that Spamcop change the spam reporting from Spamcop webmail. When we report a spam in Spamcop webmail, it should give us the option to (or make us), approve the spam reports, like the spam reporting form at http://mailsc.spamcop.net/ does.

It has become clear to me that it is irresponsible to use the quick spam reporting available in Spamcop webmail. To be a responsible spam reporter, I need to see and approve of the reports that go out.

This "revelation" is due to Spamcop reporting my own mailhost, despite my Spamcop mailhost configuration being correct. (See here).

I agree with Bruce. Currently, when we submit a message using the "Report as spam" option in webmail, a defect in SpamCop's reporting engine risks having us report our own servers, even if we have meticulously complied with the mailhost configuration procedure. Therefore, if SpamCop is unwilling or unable to fix that defect, in order to report directly from our CESMail webmail inbox (without having to forward to a reporting address), we need the option to inspect our reports before they are finalized. Or remove all the "Report as spam" links from within webmail, as they aren't safe at present.

More details are found in this Reporting topic:

unicode sequence knocks out spamcop processing

DT

CESmail support would like examples of the spam messages with "goofy characters" causing SpamCop to parse them incorrectly.

They asked that we create a separate webmail folder, put the offending spam messages in it, then email support with the SpamCop account name (I suppose that means the email address) and the folder name and explain what the problem is, and they will look at it.

Please send an email directly to SpamCop Support <support-cases at spamcop.net> and use "Re: (Case 55538) [Problem Report] SpamCop parser affecting Quick Reporting" as the subject line.

Thanks!

Cisco/SpamCop sent me a reply saying that they are aware of the problem and working on it. They would like to figure out how the characters are getting into the headers in the first place and prevent that, but their engineers are trying to get the parser to handle them anyway.

CESmail (SpamCop webmail) indicated that they will be looking at any examples we send to be sure the characters are not coming from the CES servers.

Archived