It has been 48 hours, and I'm still listed

Admittedly, we had an email problem at my office. I have fixed this problem, and the last incident is reported to have been May 2. Today is May 5 and we're still listed. This is a mission critical email server.

We recently changed the IP address of the email server, and didn't have a Reverse DNS Record, but it has now been requested. Will this keep us from getting off the list? I can't explain to you how important it is that we get off this list. Please let me know whatever I need to do to get our IP address removed from the list.

Thanks

Admittedly, we had an email problem at my office. I have fixed this problem, and the last incident is reported to have been May 2. Today is May 5 and we're still listed. This is a mission critical email server.

What is the IP number of the allegedly listed server? It's kind of hard for anyone to check into it without a little information to go on.

We recently changed the IP address of the email server, and didn't have a Reverse DNS Record, but it has now been requested. Will this keep us from getting off the list? I can't explain to you how important it is that we get off this list. Please let me know whatever I need to do to get our IP address removed from the list.

SpamCop won't keep an IP listed because of DNS problems, its only concern is IPs that are currently being identified as the source of spam its users are reporting, but you may encounter rejections from others until the problem is fixed.

OK - you seem to have expired in the listing at the moment - there was another "incident" 3 May by the look of it

Check 66.119.4.163

Query bl.spamcop.net - 66.119.4.163

DNS error: 66.119.4.163 has no reverse dns

66.119.4.163 not listed in bl.spamcop.net

Since SpamCop started counting, this system has been reported about 20 times by less than 10 users. It has been

sending mail consistently for at least 12.7 days. In the past 11.2 days, it has been listed 5 times for a total of 6.2 days

In the past week, this system has:

Been reported as a source of spam less than 10 times

Been detected sending mail to spam traps

Been witnessed sending mail about 750 times

A sample sent sometime during the 24 hours beginning Monday, May 03, 2004 08:00:00 +0800:

Received:

Subject: get your own - youth - human growth - from - century

Sending to spam traps is the killer - that is weighted 'way up and will get you on the list quickly. Any recurrence and you're in for another stretch so you will need to look at who is doing what in your domain, unless you're really confident you've caught the problem. You seem to be clear on the DNSbl listings at the time of this post -

DNSbl lookup 66.119.4.163

Good luck - check back for further comments that may be helpful (or if you have further problems).

Archived