Alternatives to "SpamCop" (CES) E-mail Service

turetzsr

...The Topic of the same name that was originated by member unclewoody has been hidden. Please do not discuss such alternatives in this Forum, which is made available to us by the providers of the "SpamCop" e-mail service. Sorry for the inconvenience but I feel that we need to minimize such posts so that we don't risk having this facility taken from us!

I respect your decision. But still, this is unfortunate.

After the recent outages I think a lot of us are in the same with respect to being dissatisfied with CESmail, and these are exactly the people I would like to discuss the alternatives with.

<snip>

After the recent outages I think a lot of us are in the same with respect to being dissatisfied with CESmail, and these are exactly the people I would like to discuss the alternatives with.

...And I am very sympathetic; that discussion simply needs to happen elsewhere, not here.
What about compliments to SpamCop, like Stopforumspam.com?
...Did you mean "complements" (complementary services)? I see no problem with that. However, AIUI, StopForumSpam is not an e-mail provider a la CES nor about stopping e-mail spam a la SpamCop parsing and the SCBL so I'm thinking that might not be a good example. :) <g>

Steve, I think your moderator decision was not out of line.

I understood Geek's suggestion to mean a thread here similar to the StopForumSpam thread "A Thanks to Stop Forum spam!!"

As in an easy place for the positive (often silent) view.

Geek's reply was off topic, but not Geek's fault, because the topic is inadequately titled. It should have read something like "Alternatives to SpamCop Email Service" and after the censorship, there wasn't enough left to make it clear what this was about. I think with the increasing frequency of major outages on the email service a LOT of people are jumping ship, and that won't be particularly good for the reporting side, either.

DT

...Excellent point, DT, thanks! Fixed. I originally chose the topic title, "Alternatives to Spamcop," to be the same as the one chosen by the OP of the original Topic but a clarification along the lines you suggested is warranted. :) <g>

OK, forum mods, now that the email system is down YET AGAIN, it's time to remove the restriction about talking about other email providers. I don't give a flying **** if JT pulls the plug on this whole thing--we all need to move our business elsewhere you you need to get out of our way.

DT

...Sorry, DT, no. While I am sympathetic to your plight, I care about continuing this Forum and I expect many other current and prospective denizens of this Forum care, especially those of us who are (smart enough to?) not (be) CES e-mail subscribers. There are plenty of other places on the WWW to discuss such things.

Sure, there are plenty of other places, but none as singularly efficient and appropriate to best help the soon-to-be-former customers/victims of the crappy service to help each other find better solutions. If they would bother to post an explanation of why the email system had gone down and what was done to fix it, we wouldn't be so furious with them, but I'm done being nice--there are limits.

DT

• 4 months later...

Now that they have announced they are axing the service at the end of September, I think discussion of reasonable alternatives to the email filtering service specifically should be allowed.

...and I just renewed, dammit.

Archived