2014-03-26 16:16 CST - Web Mail down again

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Webmail is down again. No web, no SMTP, nada.

And no info.

I spent five hours yesterday setting up a buffer and an on-off switch that catches and temporarily archives my mail on its way to Spamcop -- and allows me to change settings and switch my pop to that server. Whew!

Five minutes from now I will be popping mail -- including anything that slipped through on its way to SpamCop and is now stuck in cyberspace.

I wonder if Cisco TRYING to create a customer revolt and out-migration because they don't want the bad publicity from just pulling the plug.

Webmail is down again. No web, no SMTP, nada.

It looks like the site is down yet again, and I am seriously losing my patience. Is this another 24 hour outage without email deal?

NOT RECEIVING EMAILS !

The website is almost as bad as Healthcare.gov

What's up with this?

Cannot connect to imap server: Connection refused

I cannot get on the webmail server either to report my spam!

[Edit by member SteveT: this post was merged here from Topic "haven't seen this in a long time, connection refused"]

The Cesmail servers are down again and there are threads in the Email Service section.

We were getting that same error when they went down the last time just the other day, and a few weeks prior to that.

[Edit by member SteveT: this post was merged here from Topic "haven't seen this in a long time, connection refused"]

And no info.

I spent five hours yesterday setting up a buffer and an on-off switch that catches and temporarily archives my mail on its way to Spamcop -- and allows me to change settings and switch my pop to that server. Whew!

Five minutes from now I will be popping mail -- including anything that slipped through on its way to SpamCop and is now stuck in cyberspace.

Done -- this was the first test... I hadn't even had time to test it yet.

I've recovered those few that slipped through looking for the CESMAIL mail server, and now I'm capturing them at this alternate server as they come in. All I need to do now is keep an eye out for the re-boot, and toggle back to popping CESMail.

If only!

healthcare.gov

- publicly admitted their problem

- publicly put a team on it with a deadline

- FIXED the problem

- signed up 5.2 million new people

If Spamcop was behaving like healthcare.gov is behaving TODAY it would be up and running right now.

... and I am seriously losing my patience....

Hang in there. This is very, very rare. I've been in bondage to Spamcop for several years and I can tell you that I'm not going anywhere.

ouch. Now that's going to leave a mark :-)

Put... the... candle... back...

Actually, the mouse working the treadmill generator died.

:excl:

P.S. I'm just as teed off as any of you about this but I doubt posts here have the slightest effect on Cesmail, assuming that they ever visit these forums which I doubt.

Yes, my bad. I stand corrected.

Was there one in February? My head spins every time this happens. I can't migrate out of here fast enough.

I'm with you. I appreciate your mailing list, by the way. I have been too busy to participate, but I do try to read the messages.

I have my university email forwarded to SpamCop (so that I only have one mailbox to monitor). Fortunately I can access some logged messages there. But I have too many important things going on these days to live without reliable email.

I don't care if I have to pay more.

Actually, the mouse working the treadmill generator died.

:excl:

P.S. I'm just as teed off as any of you about this but I doubt posts here have the slightest effect on Cesmail, assuming that they ever visit these forums which I doubt.

It doesn't matter to me if CESmail reads these. I think of them as a way to vent that doesn't run the risk of jail time.

I'm with you. I appreciate your mailing list, by the way. I have been too busy to participate, but I do try to read the messages.

You're welcome. Understood. I'm too busy trying to recover from the last outage.

It doesn't matter to me if CESmail reads these. I think of them as a way to vent that doesn't run the risk of jail time.

It's pretty well-established that JT doesn't read the forum but on the bright side, the CESmail Customer Prevention Department is doing a bang-up job.

Nothing yet either on the News page:

http://mail.spamcop.net/news.php

or on the Twitter status:

https://twitter.com/cesmail_status

and although both Don D'Minion (from the reporting side of things) and Email_Support have been here today, it's been hours since either one visited so they're either unaware of this current outage or don't care, or both.

:angry:

P.S. -- as I posted this, Email_Support just showed up. I'm guessing we'll hear something soon. Hello? Email_Support? STOP READING THIS THREAD AND POST SOMETHING, FOR GOODNESS' SAKE!!!!!

email_support appears to have logged off without posting anything--if so, that's just chicken $#*%!

DT

on edit: They eventually came back and posted a brief ack about the new outage. I have no idea why they're read this whole thread and initially go away without posting, and will NOT retract my comment above.

If only!

healthcare.gov

- publicly admitted their problem

- publicly put a team on it with a deadline

- FIXED the problem

- signed up 5.2 million new people

If Spamcop was behaving like healthcare.gov is behaving TODAY it would be up and running right now.

Yep - I used healthcare.gov successfully months ago. There was one glitch which the website warned me about in advance and told me how to work around it when it occurred. Acceptable for a newish website I thought. On the other hand, I've been used Spamcop for over a decade so at this point I kind of expect it to be a well-oiled machine that just hums along... But apparently not.

OK, here's one charitable explanation of why email_support was here a little while ago, read this whole thread, and didn't post anything, update the News page, or post to Twitter: they saw this, shouted an expletive, and jumped in their car and headed for the colo facility to get going ASAP on a fix. I'm slightly hopeful that's the explanation, but they *should* have taken 10 seconds to say "so sorry, we're on it" or something like that.

DT

In addition to the 28 users currently in the SpamCop Email System forum, there's about a dozen or so Tweets from frustrated customers referencing the current outage.

Oh wait...email_support just logged back in...hoping for some sort of acknowledgement of the third serious outage this month (!) and a LOT of contrition!

WTF!?!?!? Less than two days and we're down AGAIN?!?!? This is horse sh**! This crap has GOT to stop!!! They either need to get out of the business of hosting email for fix their damn system so they don't keep having these problems!!! This is UNACCEPTABLE!!

WTF!?!?!? Less than two days and we're down AGAIN?!?!? This is horse sh**! This crap has GOT to stop!!! They either need to get out of the business of hosting email for fix their damn system so they don't keep having these problems!!! This is UNACCEPTABLE!!

Three words "Better Business Bureau"

Two hours without email? I also use fastmail.fm ( who support 2FA tokens) and their is zero down time because the people who run it , know what they are doing. Does this cesmail.net support 2fA tokens? Gmail has 2FA, have real good spam filters and I don't pay for that. Mega in New Zealand is offering 50 GB's of email storage by late spring with 2FA. and you know what the cost is zero ! Why am I dealing with another outage, and paying for the down time? Anyone who pays for hosting would not deal with two outage in a week, as their customers would go else where.

I haven't received email since 5:11 EST Not happy and seriously debating about moving on after over 10 years.

Archived