ISP has indicated spam will cease; ISP resolved this issue

drivel

Hi, drivel,

...Are you certain? I've had that message before but it's never stopped me from submitting the report -- it just didn't send a complaint to that specific abuse address.

...For more information about the meaning of that message, please type the message, surrounded by quote marks, into the text form field between the white button labeled "Search for -->" and the blue button labeled "GO" near the top of any SpamCop Forum page and click one of the buttons, then peruse some of the numerous articles whose links are returned. If you have further questions, please do post them as follow-ups here.

I am unable to report new spam because I get the message from spamcop:

"ISP has indicated spam will cease; ISP resolved this issue"

This is done by "abuse desk" clicking link on a SpamCop report that they believe they have "resolved this issue"

Showing a tracking link

http://forum.spamcop.net/scwik/TrackingURL

or a IP address would clue everyone in as to if this is actually so

I am unable to report new spam because I get the message from spamcop:

"ISP has indicated spam will cease; ISP resolved this issue"

Sounds self explanatory to me. Somebody reported spam before you and the ISP responded that they had it under control. Why waste time submitting it again?

<snip>

Why waste time submitting it again?

Sometimes people responding to reports make mistakes, or even tell lies. There could even be a massive pile of messages queued somewhere, waiting to be delivered, even though the underlying issue has been addressed.

I'd still submit the report(s): spam is still spam, even when someone who plays a part in its transmission says otherwise.

As turetzsr has said, it helps keep IP addresses on the list.

Archived