Email account expired; NO warning

Upon logging in to webmail I was greeted by a notice that my spamcop email account had expired. I had never seen this before, because I always renew as soon as the notices come. I've got it renewed now, but...

Typically a notification is sent via email when it comes time to renew. This time there were no notifications that renewal was due on either of the two accounts I manage.

Sigh...

Upon logging in to webmail I was greeted by a notice that my spamcop email account had expired. I had never seen this before, because I always renew as soon as the notices come. I've got it renewed now, but...

Typically a notification is sent via email when it comes time to renew. This time there were no notifications that renewal was due on either of the two accounts I manage.

Sigh...

We start sending renewal notices 3 weeks prior to renewal and for 3 weeks after the renewal date. That said, please write to support [at] cesmail.net and include your Spamcop email address and I'll take a look at the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same experience this year. I did not receive any warnings and my account was locked as I did not realize it was expiring.

Additionally, as soon the account was locked I discovered that my e-mail clients could not log in. But to discover the cause of the problem (the expiration), I needed to try to log in to webmail. Nowhere else hte expiration was mentioned, when I unsuccessfully tried to log in to the report tools for instance.

No e-mails has reached my inbox during the locked days. Is there any way to receive those that most probably came (May 16–19)?

My diary tells me that I should be renewing about now, since it was roughly this time for the last 2 years that I renewed, but I haven't seen a renewal email either.

-- Edit:

If it helps anybody, I found the renewal link via google:

mail.spamcop.net/account_renew.php

Done the renewal, the page says it was due on the 26th, so not sure why I didn't get a reminder email (the #2 post above says it should have arrived a couple of weeks ago)?

Is it just one email, or a series of them?

I think I received a series of several reminders.

DT

My correspondence with spamcop support indicate there should be six reminder notices. Earlier in this thread they state that there should be three before, and three after[!] the renewal date. Not sure how that is supposed to work? Maybe there is supposed to be a grace period after the actual renewal date, but this doesn't seem to be the case as I discovered mine wasn't working on 8th just after midnight, yet my next expiration date on the renewal page indicates May 9 2015. That seems to leave negative room for post-expiration notices. In any case, I've always renewed at the first notice, never had a 2nd.

FYI...

I exchanged a few emails with spamcop support after opening a case. I answered a few questions, indicating I had not only checked held mail for notices, all folders including trash, and had not been POPing or forwarding mail but using webmail.spamcop exclusively due to traveling, etc. There are two accounts tied together, and my aunt always gets the renewal notice at the same time and forwards it to me. Likely she would have started freaking out at a 2nd notice, (let alone 6) so I am confident that no renewal notices came our way.

End result was "Let me have Jeff take a look at this." That was the last I heard on the subject (May 10).

I've set a yearly calendar reminder, which I'll leave in place in any case.

We start sending renewal notices 3 weeks prior to renewal and for 3 weeks after the renewal date. That said, please write to support [at] cesmail.net and include your Spamcop email address and I'll take a look at the problem.

I had the same experience -- no warning. Not like previous years.

It's broken.

• 1 month later...

They may have fixed this, as I got an email reminding me to renew. When I try to renew, I'm getting an error about an expired certificate, but that's another thread, as others have already been discussing the certificate error.

They may have fixed this, as I got an email reminding me to renew...

That would be nice, although I still haven't heard back from them and I haven't pursued it. Setting a calendar reminder was the path of least resistance, as well something I can rely on.

Thanks for the info.

• 4 weeks later...

My diary tells me that I should be renewing about now, since it was roughly this time for the last 2 years that I renewed, but I haven't seen a renewal email either.

-- Edit:

If it helps anybody, I found the renewal link via google:

mail.spamcop.net/account_renew.php

Now I wish I hadn't found the renewal link :( ... 1 year subscription for 4 months of service.

Archived