No new mail arriving

I have email from my hosting company forwarded to SpamCop. I can see messages arriving at the former, but they're not being received at my SpamCop inbox. I've gotten no new messages in my SpamCop account in the last two hours, not since 9:42 AM EDT.

I'm hoping this is just a hiccup and not yet another outage. We've had too many of those this calendar year.

-Ken

I have email from my hosting company forwarded to SpamCop. I can see messages arriving at the former, but they're not being received at my SpamCop inbox. I've gotten no new messages in my SpamCop account in the last two hours, not since 9:42 AM EDT.

I'm hoping this is just a hiccup and not yet another outage. We've had too many of those this calendar year.

-Ken

You are not the only one, this is my last year of using spamcop.net I am history. The problems continue and the service is not getting any better.

You are not the only one, this is my last year of using spamcop.net I am history. The problems continue and the service is not getting any better.

Same here, John. I understand the occasional hardware issue will occur, and since I don't use SpamCop for business emails, outages don't affect me as severely as they do some.

But the frequency of the outages, and the peculiar style in which management communicates about those issues, is not how a paying customer deserves to be treated. I recently read a blog post by Alon Waisman that gave this suggestion for providing bad customer service: "Inaction is the worst action of all. Silence = abandonment." SpamCop represents this philosophy.

There will always be a vocal minority who complain about bad service. But for a decade, I've been a paying customer who has lurked in these forums and never said a negative word about SpamCop. It's gotten to the point where they can't even hold onto me.

-Ken

Same here, John. I understand the occasional hardware issue will occur, and since I don't use SpamCop for business emails, outages don't affect me as severely as they do some.

But the frequency of the outages, and the peculiar style in which management communicates about those issues, is not how a paying customer deserves to be treated. I recently read a blog post by Alon Waisman that gave this suggestion for providing bad customer service: "Inaction is the worst action of all. Silence = abandonment." SpamCop represents this philosophy.

There will always be a vocal minority who complain about bad service. But for a decade, I've been a paying customer who has lurked in these forums and never said a negative word about SpamCop. It's gotten to the point where they can't even hold onto me.

-Ken

People need to stop using the service period . I've been using the service since 2000 before Iron Port bought it out from Haight I think this will be my last year using this service, I am done for good

I recently read a blog post by Alon Waisman that gave this suggestion for providing bad customer service: "Inaction is the worst action of all. Silence = abandonment." SpamCop represents this philosophy.

Ken,

...Please note that "SpamCop" e-mail service is NOT SpamCop (Julian Haight -> IronPort -> CISCO) but rather, CES.

I might just file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau this weekend.
...If your complaint is with the "SpamCop" e-mail service, please be sure to file the complaint against the provider of the e-mail service, which is NOT SpamCop!

Ken,

...Please note that "SpamCop" e-mail service is NOT SpamCop (Julian Haight -> IronPort -> CISCO) but rather, CES....If your complaint is with the "SpamCop" e-mail service, please be sure to file the complaint against the provider of the e-mail service, which is NOT SpamCop!

I know the difference between the two :D

Cesmail support reports that they have a server down and that it will this evening before the email is back up.

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

- Service[at]Admin.SpamCop.net -

I think they want us all to quit, but the parent company doesn't want to be seen as killing a viable service... so they discourage us by deliberately providing unreliable service aggravated with poor communicartions

ate='Jun 30 2014, 08:45 AM' post='89000']

-Ken

Here is a copy of the e-mail I just sent to CESMAIL:

AGAIN??? REALLY???

WHEN DID YOU MOVE THE BUSINESS TO ALBANIA?? OR IS IT HAITI?? OR MONGOLIA?? BECAUSE I'M PRETTY SURE THAT NO AMERICAN-BASED BUSINESS WOULD USE TECHNOLOGY AS UNRELIABLE AS CESMAIL...

... AND YES, I AM AWARE THAT ALL-CAPS MEANS I AM SHOUTING. I THINK PRETTY WELL THE ENTIRE USER BASE IS YELLING TODAY.

I have not posted in these forums for a long time, sometimes hardware fails and you live with it, but it seems like this happens every 3 months. My business relies on spamcop, I use it both as a spam blocker and an email agregator. I at least 150 email accounts, mostly low volume, a few of those still feed directly to spamcop, but as service here has dropped I've relazed that leaves me trapped with no easy way of fetching those emails. Most of my email accounts are now gmail and forward to spamcop, but retain all emails so they are acccessable in days like today.

I just started going through my gmails and changed the forwarding away form spamcop and into another gmail account. Why?

Cause my account here expires in 4 days and when I went to renew, my virus blocker warns me that spamcop is a risk cause their certificate expired. This is pathetic.

It is ashame since Cesmail with spamcop used to run like a well oiled machine. If you go to the webmail logon, there is no news at all, you have to dig to find there is a problem. I can provision a new VM in minutes and a new hardware server in about an hour. Why does it take CESMail 12 to 24 hours to do this? Alas, the time has come to call it quits.

I just started going through my gmails and changed the forwarding away form spamcop and into another gmail account.

Ditto, sir. Today I created a new account with a different commercial email hosting service, redirected 37 forwarding aliases with my web host, and updated 41 WHOIS records.

I will not be renewing my SpamCop service next month.

-Ken

Cesmail support reports that they have a server down and that it will this evening before the email is back up.

Same server they said was replaced over a month and a half a ago. I am NOT buying it

Here is a copy of the e-mail I just sent to CESMAIL:

AGAIN??? REALLY???

WHEN DID YOU MOVE THE BUSINESS TO ALBANIA?? OR IS IT HAITI?? OR MONGOLIA?? BECAUSE I'M PRETTY SURE THAT NO AMERICAN-BASED BUSINESS WOULD USE TECHNOLOGY AS UNRELIABLE AS CESMAIL...

... AND YES, I AM AWARE THAT ALL-CAPS MEANS I AM SHOUTING. I THINK PRETTY WELL THE ENTIRE USER BASE IS YELLING TODAY.

WHAT THE F*** ANOTHER 24 HOUR OUTAGE !

It is ashame since Cesmail with spamcop used to run like a well oiled machine. If you go to the webmail logon, there is no news at all, you have to dig to find there is a problem. I can provision a new VM in minutes and a new hardware server in about an hour. Why does it take CESMail 12 to 24 hours to do this? Alas, the time has come to call it quits.

If these problems happened at Outlook, Yahoo or Gmail their would be mass media about it.

I use fastmail.fm and you GET ZERO DOWN TIME !!!!!! Are your READING THIS JEFF

Should I call your number and leave a real nasty message this time !

Ditto, sir. Today I created a new account with a different commercial email hosting service, redirected 37 forwarding aliases with my web host, and updated 41 WHOIS records.

I will not be renewing my SpamCop service next month.

-Ken

+1 For $20 ( that's $10 less then outagemaill.net ) you get a better service at fastmail.fm

I have not posted in these forums for a long time, sometimes hardware fails and you live with it, but it seems like this happens every 3 months. My business relies on spamcop, I use it both as a spam blocker and an email agregator. I at least 150 email accounts, mostly low volume, a few of those still feed directly to spamcop, but as service here has dropped I've relazed that leaves me trapped with no easy way of fetching those emails. Most of my email accounts are now gmail and forward to spamcop, but retain all emails so they are acccessable in days like today.

I just started going through my gmails and changed the forwarding away form spamcop and into another gmail account. Why?

Cause my account here expires in 4 days and when I went to renew, my virus blocker warns me that spamcop is a risk cause their certificate expired. This is pathetic.

Why because Gmail has real good spam filters and doesn't have a outage every other month.

Next year, I will not be coming back period ! GONE

I use it both as a spam blocker and an email agregator. I at least 150 email accounts, mostly low volume, a few of those still feed directly to spamcop, but as service here has dropped I've relazed that leaves me trapped with no easy way of fetching those emails.

This is pathetic.

I faced the same situation -- and it wasn't a problem for years until CESMAIL stopped caring about a year ago. After the second or third fail I aggregated all my accounts into a NON-CESMAIL e-mail account, and then forwarded that one account to CESMAIL.

When the Spamcop/CESMAIL system goes down (like today) I

1. turn off the forwarding from my NON-CESMAIL aggregator to CESMAIL

2. change my e-mail client to pop the non-CESMAIL aggregate account instead of CESMAIL

3. Go into the NON-CESMAIL archive -- which has copied everything that had been forwarded to CESMAIL -- and copy any e-mails I mail have missed (because forwarded to broken CESMAIL) into my NON-CESMAIL account and then wait a minute or two for the client to do it's first mail-fetch.

The entire switch-over takes about three minutes -- and when CESMAIL's fixed, another three minutes to reverse

Exactly - that's my plan

I faced the same situation -- and it wasn't a problem for years until CESMAIL stopped caring about a year ago. After the second or third fail I aggregated all my accounts into a NON-CESMAIL e-mail account, and then forwarded that one account to CESMAIL.

When the Spamcop/CESMAIL system goes down (like today) I

1. turn off the forwarding from my NON-CESMAIL aggregator to CESMAIL

2. change my e-mail client to pop the non-CESMAIL aggregate account instead of CESMAIL

3. Go into the NON-CESMAIL archive -- which has copied everything that had been forwarded to CESMAIL -- and copy any e-mails I mail have missed (because forwarded to broken CESMAIL) into my NON-CESMAIL account and then wait a minute or two for the client to do it's first mail-fetch.

The entire switch-over takes about three minutes -- and when CESMAIL's fixed, another three minutes to reverse

Same server they said was replaced over a month and a half a ago. I am NOT buying it

If these problems happened at Outlook, Yahoo or Gmail their would be mass media about it.

+1 For $20 ( that's $10 less then outagemaill.net ) you get a better service at fastmail.fm

Why because Gmail has real good spam filters and doesn't have a outage every other month.

Would like the IP of email server

see one Spammer with their host ( fastmail.fm /24)

Just one can block everyone

http://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/query/SBL226073

http://www.senderbase.org/senderbase_queri...ing=66.111.4.56

The downtime I can live with. I have my reasons for not using Gmail or (the service formerly known as) Hotmail, so it's okay with me that there are side-effects from this not being a big-time operation. Outages haven't ever meant missed messages, AFAIK.

However, I am disappointed in the poor communication. I went to the trouble of following https://twitter.com/Cesmail_status but it took a long time for that to be updated today after the outage started. Frankly, I'd prefer just to look in the spamcop news, on the webmail login page, or in these forums anyway.

I am up for renewal next month. I really love sending spam reports, and it's so easy with cesmail/spamcop email. I don't know if I'll be looking elsewhere for email hosting.

-Ken

Jun 30, 2014

[21:10 EDT] We are waiting on parts and the system will be down until tomorrow afternoon/early evening

Hard drive failure !

Fastmail then? I'm not a techie type, only got with SpamCop many years back from a recommendation. Spent the effort to configure the setup and didn't really want to move. Thought I would move at the last outage a couple months ago, but didn't. I'm throwing in the towel this time, this silly business of waiting 36 hours for "parts" just doesn't wash when I see Five 9's uptime talked about with other services.

After so many outages in so brief a time I just have to wonder out loud: Does this outfit care about the time it spends offline? Recent history would inspire the idea of having spare parts on hand. Recent history would inspire thoughts of redundancy other than the redundancy of repeated hardware failure. Recent history would inspire thoughts of RAID to keep the system resilient. And if recent history involves an invasion of the Rasberry Crazy Ant, there's another type of RAID to handle that problem.....

...Gee, I wonder if I should check the box below opposite "Enable email notification of replies?"

After so many outages in so brief a time I just have to wonder out loud: Does this outfit care about the time it spends offline? Recent history would inspire the idea of having spare parts on hand. Recent history would inspire thoughts of redundancy other than the redundancy of repeated hardware failure. Recent history would inspire thoughts of RAID to keep the system resilient. And if recent history involves an invasion of the Rasberry Crazy Ant, there's another type of RAID to handle that problem.....

...Gee, I wonder if I should check the box below opposite "Enable email notification of replies?"

I think the truth is that their might be some financial problems with paying bills as far as the server co-location . This was the same issue before Julian Haight sold spamcop (reporting) to Iron Port.

With the client base slowly leaving this might be the main problem. It's the end of the month so the bandwidth might be shut off due to lack of payment. The comment about the "new parts" is a EXCUSE

Archived