Anyone Noticed Odd Times Showing On Incoming Mail ?

This may not be Spamcop but as they just had a server outage they are more likely to be the culprit than my ISP who states they have no issues.

For the last few days I've noticed all my incoming mail shows a time stamp approximately 5 or 6 hours prior to what it should be. (I've tested this by sending myself test emails).

My system clock and my SC Mail Global Settings clock are correct, so the problem isn't there and has to be on a server somewhere.

Anyone noticed similar issues ? It's easy to overlook the time stamp on incoming mail as it doesn't really effect anything so I would appreciate if others would check.

I think you identified yet another CESMail problem. Here are some header lines from a test I just sent myself:

Received: (qmail 11520 invoked from network); 5 Jul 2014 09:30:56 -0000

Received: from unknown (192.168.1.88)

by filter8.cesmail.net with QMQP; 5 Jul 2014 09:30:56 -0000

Received: from [removed] ([removed])

by mxin1.cesmail.net with SMTP; 5 Jul 2014 14:51:07 -0000

The clock on filter8 is not set correctly, as clearly seen above. The timestamps on the Received lines involving "filter8.cesmail.net" and "mxin1.cesmail.net" should be within seconds of each other, as the message was indeed delivered to me in just seconds. Here are similar results from a non-test message passed through filter7.cesmail.net:

Received: (qmail 16740 invoked from network); 5 Jul 2014 09:32:23 -0000

Received: from unknown (192.168.1.88)

by filter7.cesmail.net with QMQP; 5 Jul 2014 09:32:23 -0000

Received: from [removed] ([removed])

by mxin1.cesmail.net with SMTP; 5 Jul 2014 14:01:21 -0000

I guess I'll file a ticket, and then wait a week or so for a response. :angry:

DT

I filed a ticket yesterday under "Report a Problem" and at least they acknowledged it with a case #...here's hoping they fix it. Of course who knows where the problem server sits, someone may have to travel to fix it...I guess we shall see.. ;-)

I know. But they were quite prompt reminding that my subscription was due in a few days time. I know that's unfair as one is automatic and the other isn't. But you know what I mean.

Archived