whitelisting mailing lists

I recently joined a couple mailing lists, and it appears that a lot of the email on those lists is getting held because it apparently matches one of the block-lists I've selected.

Would it be possible to PLEASE add a whitelist option for mailing lists, a la Postini? I know for a fact that Postini has the option to white-list mailing lists, so I don't know why that couldn't be added to the SpamCop mail system... please???

It would be so much easier than having to go whitelist everyone who posts to that list, as I'm having to do now. So far today, I've had about a dozen messages in held mail from that list, and it's a real PITA to have to go through and select each one and then click "whitelist and release" when we could avoid it altogether by just having a whitelist for mailing lists. :)

You can whitelist mst mailing lists as they use a common reply-to field which is checked for whitelisting.

Check the headers for a couple of messages from the same list to determine what to enter or post them here for more help.

You can whitelist mst mailing lists as they use a common reply-to field which is checked for whitelisting.

Check the headers for a couple of messages from the same list to determine what to enter or post them here for more help.

Thing is, I've already done that... I've told SpamCop to deliver *anything* that is delivered from "[at]redhat.com" which should whitelist any mailing list message... but I'm still getting emails held from those lists.

"[at]redhat.com"

Try removing the [at] from that whitlelist. My understanding is that if the [at] sign is there, it tries to match <null>[at] which will never match.

Thanks... I'll give it a shot. I could have sworn that I did that previously and it worked, but I could have mis-remembered. Thanks again! (although a "white list mailing lists" would be nice too! ;))

Try removing the [at] from that whitlelist.  My understanding is that if the [at] sign is there, it tries to match <null>[at] which will never match.

Thanks... I'll give it a shot. I could have sworn that I did that previously and it worked, but I could have mis-remembered. Thanks again! (although a "white list mailing lists" would be nice too! ;))

DAMN! Still not working! I inadvertantly reported another mailing list message! Fortunately, I was scanning through the reports I got back and found it, but this is damn discouraging! I need to be able to reliably keep RedHat.com mailing list messages OUT of held mail!

Maybe I'll email Jeff Tucker and see if he can help! :(

I'm trying desperately to keep mailing list messages out of "held mail" on the email side of things since it seems I almost always overlook one or two mailing list messages per bulk report.

I've tried putting "[at]redhat.com" in the whitelist, and still get a ton of mailing list messages held. I've tried just "redhat.com" in the whitelist and that doesn't do it either...

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong so I can fix it?

Deputies? Anyone? Buehler, Buehler?

Probably best off asking this question in the SpamCop Email forum...

...Yep, mrmaxx did that (whitelisting mailing lists).

mrmaxx:

...Please do not post E-mail related questions in the Help forum. Help should be limited to inquiries about the SpamCop Reporting System. Chris is correct -- if the folks in Email weren't able to help, you can be absolutely certain that the folks who hang out in Help won't be able to do any better! :) <g>

mrmaxx's posting in the Help Forums have been merged into this existing Topic ... PM sent, noting that there are many posts in this Forum dealing with Filters and white/black-listings .. further noting that Steve Underwood usually seemed to have the answers <g>

Archived