[Resolved] error during mailhost configuration (Apple)

Persistent (repeatable) error during mailhost configuration for my acct at me.com (AKA mac.com AKA icloud.com):

Host ms08542.mac.com (checking ip) IP not found ; ms08542.mac.com discarded as fake.

Sorry, SpamCop has encountered errors:

The email sample you submitted for REDACTED[at]me.com
appears to traverse more than one domain.
Please ensure that you configure each mailhost individually and in order.

Proceed here:
<https://www.spamcop.net/mcgi?mhc2=REDACTED>

Problem appears to be in the FIRST "Received:" header line that mailhosts is looking at, to wit:

Return-path: <service[at]admin.spamcop.net>

Received: from nk11p00mm-smtpin010.mac.com ([17.158.160.105])
by ms08542.mac.com
(Oracle Communications Messaging Server 7u4-27.08(7.0.4.27.7) 64bit (built Aug
22 2013)) with ESMTP id <0ND600G7ESMQ9WH0[at]ms08542.mac.com> for
REDACTED[at]me.com; Thu, 09 Oct 2014 17:01:38 +0000 (GMT)

Original-recipient: rfc822;REDACTED[at]me.com

Received: from prod-sc-www1.spamcop.net ([184.94.240.112])
by nk11p00mm-smtpin010.mac.com
(Oracle Communications Messaging Server 7u4-27.10(7.0.4.27.9) 64bit (built Jun
6 2014)) with SMTP id <0ND600368SMNFN00[at]nk11p00mm-smtpin010.mac.com> for
REDACTED[at]me.com (ORCPT REDACTED[at]me.com); Thu, 09 Oct 2014 17:01:38 +0000 (GMT)

Mailhosts appears to be looking at an INTERNAL TRANSFER among Apple's mailservers. And Apple (in its infinite wisdom) is NOT publishing a valid DNS A record for said host ms08542.mac.com (returns NXDOMAIN). The SECOND "Received:" header line line looks OK, however.

So what do I do now?!

[ To add insult to injury, the provided link at the end of the error msg is NOT live, and if pasted into the browser address bar leads to a TOTALLY BLANK PAGE. (I have redacted the link, since I think it may reference dynamic content related to my PII.) ]

Hi, EstherD,

&nbsp &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Welcome to the SpamCop Forums!

&nbsp &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp If no one drops by here soon with a better suggestion, I would recommend that you send an inquiry either to that service[at]admin.spamcop.net e-mail address (one [extremely busy] person looks at that, I believe) or to the SpamCop Deputies at e-mail address deputies[at]admin.spamcop.net [multiple people look at this one, including the person who looks at the other one, so I would think that this would be the better bet).

OK. So late yesterday I emailed both the SpamCop Deputies and Don. Today I got an email from Don granting me a "Mailhost waiver". Dunno what that might be, but the parser no longer flags Apple as the source of the spam, but looks deeper into the message to find the REAL sender. So it looks like I'm good to go. Thanks to all for your assistance. Community is GOOD!

(FWIW, the abuser in the spam I was trying to process yesterday is one of those dratted "reports disabled" ISPs. So I had to submit a report manually, which kinda negated the whole idea of using SpamCop to automate the process. Especially given the time/effort required to setup my acct. So it goes...)

<snip>

"Mailhost waiver". Dunno what that might be

&nbsp &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Please see former SpamCop Deputy Ellen's reply in SpamCop Forum Topic "What does `Mailhost waiver granted' mean?."

<snip>

one of those dratted "reports disabled" ISPs. So I had to submit a report manually, which kinda negated the whole idea of using SpamCop to automate the process. Especially given the time/effort required to setup my acct. So it goes...)

&nbsp &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Well, please remember that the principal function of the SpamCop parser is to feed the statistics that are used to decide whether to include an IP address on the SpamCop blacklist. Please also see SpamCop Forum Topic "[Resolved] Reports disabled."

Steve --

On many other fora, marking a thread as "resolved" is typically the prerogative of the OP, and there's usually a button provided for that purpose. Couldn't find one here, nor could I find any info about how to mark a thread as resolved in any of the FAQs. Surmised that it might be handled by the Admins, and it looks like it is. So thanks for marking this thread "resolved".

Archived