assistance with Outlook

Ellen

I know you folks know way more than I do about outlook -- actually my cat probably knows more about outlook than I do, but I digress ...

Is there a release known as "outlook xp" ? Can some kind soul summarize the machinations for various releases/flavors of outlook and how to expose the complete headers for each of the newer ones and send it to me at the address in my sig with a subject line of outlook or some such thing? I would be immensely grateful and will stick it in my boilerplate :-) My eyes begin to roll up in my head trying to keep this all straight. (and yes I know there are faqs on this but it would really be immensely helpful to have it all predigested and spit out in a format where I can paste it back to people :-)

I don't know of a product specifically titled Outlook XP and a quick scan at the M$ site ddn't find it. There is an Office XP product but it refers to Office 2003 for information. I think that Outlook 2003 may be what you're referring to. System requirements include:

Operating system:

• Microsoft Windows® 2000 with Service Pack 3 (SP3), Windows XP, or later

Can some kind soul summarize the machinations for various releases/flavors of outlook and how to expose the complete headers for each of the newer ones and send it to me at the address in my sig with a subject line of outlook or some such thing?

In every version of Outlook that I've touched, you can get the full headers by right clicking on the message and then clicking OPTIONS. A small screen will open up and the full headers will be in the lower portion of the window. I've posted a screen shot here.

Can some kind soul summarize the machinations for various releases/flavors of outlook and how to expose the complete headers for each of the newer ones and send it to me at the address in my sig with a subject line of outlook or some such thing?

In every version of Outlook that I've touched, you can get the full headers by right clicking on the message and then clicking OPTIONS. A small screen will open up and the full headers will be in the lower portion of the window. I've posted a screen shot here.

thanks!

Take a look at SpamSource.  It works a charm and allows you to send complete emails to your spamcop email address in a single click.

This is someone trying to return a probe ...and I was trying to help them right up until I realized I didn't know how to get the headers :-)

I see its already been menctioned how to get full headers out of any version of outlook but for the record outlook comes in the following flavors.

Outlook 97

outlook 2000

outlook XP

outlook 2003

Each is the next version of the program, why M$ and other vendors can't simply call things Program 1.0, program 2.0 etc I don't know, the year names are aggrivating. And probably designed by marketing.

Archived