550 5.7.1 Message rejected due to content restrictions

username

Good day i have started to recieve this bounce message in communications with my aliases, even though we had already a long conversation before, all extra e-mails are bouncing back form my e-mail addres

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

mgeorgievskaya[at]moscowpost.ru

Technical details of permanent failure:

Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain moscowpost.ru by mx02.moscowpost.ru. [212.100.129.21].

The error that the other server returned was:

550 5.7.1 Message rejected due to content restrictions

I'm wondering if it is possible to find out how and why it was blocked, you as a powerfull organisation can help me to resolve this issue?

I'm sure that massages i was sending had no attachments or mailware nor fishing links, just plain text.

e-mail i'm using is info[at]yaminyami.com

Hello username.

That message doesn't seem like it came from SpamCop blocklisting - info[at]yaminyami.com resolves to IP address 46.4.63.154 (vs01.yaminyami.ru) which is not blocked (see https://www.spamcop.net/w3m?action=checkblock&ip=46.4.63.154). Consulting http://multirbl.valli.org/dnsbl-lookup/46.4.63.154.html you can see that SORBS is the only serious RBL listing that server - yet again, the message format does not indicate that SORBS was interrogated to provide a reason to block.

I think you (or someone) must talk to moscowpost.ru to find out why those messages are rejected. Maybe the cause is false positives from their own anti-spam application? (see P.S.)

Good luck !

P.S. I see that your server has a POOR reputation in SenderBase - http://www.senderbase.org/lookup/host/?search_string=vs01.yaminyami.ru

You have apparently sent (during April) a high volume of e-mail, including some to non-existent addresses and to several spamtraps. Also there have been many complaints that the messages were unsolicited and commercial (=spam) I cannot tell whether or not 46.4.63.154 was listed in the SCbl but it was certainly reported by SC users.

I now think the rejection reason "due to content restrictions" is misconfigured, the real reasons are probably one or more of

poor reputation (current)
  • SCbl listing (no longer, spam has stopped)
  • SORBS listing (current)
  • receiving network private blocklist (?)

You're welcome.

E-mail marketing (without getting tagged as as spammer) is difficult and distribution lists need to be carefully managed to avoid that risk. Here is SC's general advice to those who have been reported by SC users - https://www.spamcop.net/reported.shtml

There were a number of user reports concerning vs01.yaminyami.ru (46.4.63.154) in April. At that time they would have been passed on to abuse[at]hetzner.de in the event hetzner.de might have wanted to institute damage control before the server got itself into more trouble. Apart from the SCbl, that's the way SC works - as a sort of "early warning" system. There is no notification of SC spamtrap hits but in that instance SC reporters triggered detailed reports to the abuse desk anyway.

yes we had a conversation with one of reporters at abuse, to my shame he didnt provide his address so i could exclude his mail fom database

profile_mask2.png
6295448676[at]reports.spamcop.net
Apr 17
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif
17.04.2015 12:34, Yami Info wrote:
> Hello SpamCop user,
>
> Good day anyone can unsubscribe there is a link in every message.

Yes indeed. But it is irrelevant, because I never subscribed in
the first place, and I don't want to follow unsub links in every
spam I receive just to confirm my email existance. What you suggest
is called "listwashing", but I prefer the spam to stop instead of
getting more of it and unsubbing all the time. Besides, I already
unsubscribed from your list in the past, now you started spamming
my other address.

Thanks, but no, thanks.

We had a database failure and all subscribers base was wiped, i've decided to subscribe all 200000 users again, but not all of them were so pleased about it. We provide unsubscribe link in every e-mail, but unfortunately some customers take it as a very difficult experience.

<snip>

We provide unsubscribe link in every e-mail, but unfortunately some customers take it as a very difficult experience.

&nbsp &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp It is not only difficult, it is unwise and sensible users will not unsubscribe from communications to which they did not subscribe in the first place. See the paragraph labeled "If the recipient is given the choice to opt-out or remove, is it still spam?" in the Spamhaus FAQ.

Hello username.

You have apparently sent (during April) a high volume of e-mail, including some to non-existent addresses and to several spamtraps.

can i find any info how to find these addresses to delete them from database forever

Short answer No.

username, not to say you are spammer but assuming that have every good intention. But look at it from the other side.

There is really no way from here to know if you are a good guy who has made an error in judgment, or a scum of the earth spammer.

If you are a good emailer with a problem ~ lets assume you are, you (your provider) (may have) has received several spam reports. From those reports you should be able to identify which sub-list of the 200,000 users include the bad email addresses.

That would be a place to start. Another suggestion would be: If you have had prior business with these 200,000 users, you may have a way other than email to contact them. Use that method to re-validate your emailing list.

"Of course" you/your host provider has backed up all critical files, including you data base. Go back to a copy before your data base failure. Depending on how far back you have to go, some data will be lost but that would be better than your current situation.

There remains the problem of email you have sent to spamtraps. For obvious reasons the addresses of spamtraps are secret.

For a moment look at the situation from the other side. If a spammer were to get hold of a list of email addresses that reported their spam to SpamCop, they could listwash the emails of Reporters from their list and continue on their marry way, decreasing the effectiveness of the SC blocklist.

Additionally, they could sell that list of reporters to other spammers, reducing the effectiveness of SC even more. OR they could seed the competition's mailing list with known reporters to poison their results. Either way it would not be good for SC.

Knowing where the spamtraps are would be used in a similar manner to more effect.

Archived