What happen after submitting spam Report to SpamCop?

oceanoblu

Hi to all,

I AM a new user here and also in report to spam Cop.

As i continue to receve spam from an German Hosting and report to the abuse address didn't help me and SpamCop not block this emails I decide to join in report spam and i have reported two spam email today.

I have two question.

First: If i receve spam email from A to two different email address mine Address 1 and Address 2 should I send two different report in spam Cop or just only one, one of the two email at different email address i receved?

My second question is:

I have tried to understand what happen after a spam report to spam Cop, i see a report is sended to the abuse email address but this is what i have been done until today without results so if no one will see abuse report sended from spam Cop?

My report are checked by human or will be processed totaly in automatic way?

What happen when i submit a report here?

Thanks for the help!

And why each number IP from spam automatically login me on WebFig v6.15.MikroTik server. ????

They do not use password

And what is this

spam[at]ms1.hinet.net

abuse#hinet.net[at]devnull.spamcop.net

Hi oceanoblu, welcome to the forum.

First question: You should only send one report for each spam you receive. If you receive several copies of what looks like the same email, you can report all of them.

For example if you receive one spam email addressed; TO: webmaster[at]domain.com, postmaster[at]domain.com you should report it only once. (one spam, one report).

However, if you receive two spam emails, one addressed to webmaster[at]domain.com and one addressed to postmaster[at]domain.com you should report them both. (two spam, two reports).

second question: Sending a spam report to an abuse address is only one of the things that SpamCop does with your reported spam. Another thing SpamCop does is use your report to add to the (negative) reputation of the sending IP address which may result in the IP being added to SpamCop's black list. I say "may result" because it takes more than one user report to get an IP listed.

No your reported spam is not processed by a human. If you go to www.samcop.net and click on the statistics tab you can see that in the last 24 hours about 154,000 spam have been processed. That of course could not be done by humans.

You should not report a spam here (meaning here on the forum). On the other hand if you have a question about one of your spam, report it as you have been on spamcop.net and make note of the tracking URL provide. When you ask your question here on the forum, included the tracking URL. That way we all can see your spam, and how the SC parser handled it.

<snip>

No your reported spam is not processed by a human. If you go to www.samcop.net and click on the statistics tab you can see that in the last 24 hours about 154,000 spam have been processed. That of course could not be done by humans.

<snip>

Hi, oceanoblu,

&nbsp &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Yes, welcome!

&nbsp &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp My first reading of your question about spam being processed by a human was different from Lou's (Lking's); I thought you were asking about the report (s) sent by SpamCop whereas Lou's answer applies to the spam you reported. Please let us know which interpretation is correct and if mine is the right one then someone will answer that.

Hi, kolor,

<snip>

5.40.179.99 (Administrator of network where email originates)

To: devnull.spamcop.net (Notes)

<snip>

&nbsp &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Please use the SpamCop "search" utility, available near the top right of most SpamCop Forum pages, or your favorite web search utility to look for other SpamCop Forum articles about "nomaster[at]devnull.spamcop.net" and post any follow-up questions you may still have after reading those articles.

And why each number IP from spam automatically login me on WebFig v6.15.MikroTik server. ????

&nbsp &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Sorry, I am unable to understand your question. Could you please try it in different words? As far as I know, there is no connection between SpamCop reporting and automatic logging in to any server.

And what is this

spam[at]ms1.hinet.net

abuse#hinet.net[at]devnull.spamcop.net

&nbsp &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp spam[at]ms1.hinet.net is an "abuse" address for many Korean machines and the SpamCop parser has apparently identified a machine that is the responsibility of that abuse address as the source of spam or of a spamvertized URL. abuse#hinet.net[at]devnull.spamcop.net is a special address used by SpamCop to keep track of spam from certain machines that SpamCop has determined it should not send a report to an abuse address (there are several reasons it might do this and they are discussed in other SpamCop Topics, for which you could do a search if you are interested in learning what those reasons are; you will probably find a very large number of such Topics and many will not be relevant -- sorry about that!).

Thanks turetzsr for answered

Sorry, I am unable to understand your question. Could you please try it in different words? As far as I know, there is no connection between SpamCop reporting and automatic logging in to any server.

My English is not perfect that my mistake if I ask about something.Also I realize the Question should not be put on that forum.

For clarify my former question.After report spam on spamcop are a lot of number IP spammer which allow my log on his machine ,server..Without passwords and login .

One of them was Panel WebFig company MikroTik.

Thanks turetzsr for answered

Sorry, I am unable to understand your question. Could you please try it in different words? As far as I know, there is no connection between SpamCop reporting and automatic logging in to any server.

My English is not perfect that my mistake if I ask about something.Also I realize the Question should not be put on that forum.

For clarify my former question.After report spam on spamcop are a lot of number IP spammer which allow my log on his machine ,server..Without passwords and login .

One of them was Panel WebFig company MikroTik.

Each forum you might to want to log in to uses its own rules for deciding who can log in, having a valid user name and password is just one part of the process the forum owner can use. Some forum owners might choose to check services such as SpamCop or StopForumSpam, others don't. In the case of SpamCop, it usually takes more than one report from more than one person before there is an entry in the blacklist that a forum owner might use as part of their decision to say, "Not Today, Thanks!" If a forum blocks a particular IP address, there's also a chance that the forum owner has made a decision based on some information from source other than SpamCop.

&nbsp &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Not all servers require a specific usercode and password; some allow "anonymous" login. Sometimes your login and password are encoded in the URL, which may be the case with the "id=1439304614198" part of the URL you posted.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, kolor,

Please use the SpamCop "search" utility, available near the top right of most SpamCop Forum pages, or your favorite web search utility to look for other SpamCop Forum articles about "nomaster[at]devnull.spamcop.net" and post any follow-up questions you may still have after reading those articles.

I too am curious what the "devnull.spamcop.net" on my reports means, but I am unable to find any other articles. When I enter that in the search tab, all that comes back is this thread, with kolor's question and responses. If somebody has a link they can post to these articles, I would be grateful to see it. Thanks!

&nbsp &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Odd .. I get 43 hits! Here are the first several after this article and excluding some of the obviously non-useful articles in the "Routing / Report Address Issues" Forum (not suggesting that any of these are relevant):

Archived