No "held" spam suddenly

The Spamcop system is no longer showing any held spam for me. This has been the case for the last 48 hours. My filtered email still seems to be arriving with the odd missed spam email as usual but the 300 "held" emails per day have simply disappeared. I have checked my Spamcop setup and all of the accounts being polled are correctly set up and reporting no errors. Filtered email still seems to be arriving (although I cannot be sure whether from all accounts) but the spam filtered out has gone! Any ideas where it is? Is something filling up somewhere? Will it all arrive in a deluge in the future? Something is not right here. :<_<

More to report...I have found the Held Emails (800 of them) in the Held folder by accessing my Spamcop account via webmail. Throughout however, the normal Held Email page from the link from the website showed no Held Email!

Now I have cleared the Held Email folder using webmail, the webpage seems to work. Any explanation?

More to report...After clearing the Held Email folder by reporting its contents as spam, I received numerous email error messages saying: "SpamCop encountered errors while saving spam for processing: SpamCop could not find your spam message in this email:" along with others reporting a successful report.

More to report...After clearing the Held Email folder by reporting its contents as spam, I received numerous email error messages saying: "SpamCop encountered errors while saving spam for processing: SpamCop could not find your spam message in this email:" along with others reporting a successful report.

This is a known intermittant problem.

I have seen it more when I report large numbers of spam at the same time or have reported an unusually large single message. Others have reported having the problem with only a few small messages.

As far as the Held Mail page not reflecting what is actually in your held mail folder, that is another issue. I have not used the held mail page since reporting from the webmail was introduced as a possibility.

Way back, there was a lot of talk about folders having so much content, some would run into timeout issues while trying to connect. Though 800 is a far cry from the thousands that seemed to be the common result, there might be a connection ..??

Archived