Problems registering hosts with google's gmail

I have my spamcop account acting as a filter for my email, and all mail sent to Spamcop is forwarded off to my gmail account. I also have a public email address on my own domain, so my mail goes from MyDomain --> Spamcop --> Gmail.

I can register Gmail fine, and Spamcop is already on the mailhost list at the top. I then try to then register an address from my domain, but Spamcop complains:

host mx.gmail.com (checking ip) ip not found ; mx.gmail.com discarded as fake.

Sorry, SpamCop has encountered errors:

However, mx.gmail.com is listed in the dropdown box for "Mailhost name: kaspar[at]gmail.com".

Aditionally, if I try to re-register my Spamcop address it complains that mx.gmail.com has no ip address.

maybe try it again, as the parsing engine seems to come up sith something now ..??

Parsing input: xxxxxx[at]gmail.com

216.239.57.27 is an mx ( 10 ) for gmail.com

host 216.239.57.27 (getting name) = gsmtp57.google.com

although not sure why your description includeds mx.gmail.com vice gmail.com ...

I have my spamcop account acting as a filter for my email, and all mail sent to Spamcop is forwarded off to my gmail account. I also have a public email address on my own domain, so my mail goes from MyDomain --> Spamcop --> Gmail.

I can register Gmail fine, and Spamcop is already on the mailhost list at the top. I then try to then register an address from my domain, but Spamcop complains:

host mx.gmail.com (checking ip) ip not found ; mx.gmail.com discarded as fake.

Sorry, SpamCop has encountered errors:

However, mx.gmail.com is listed in the dropdown box for "Mailhost name: kaspar[at]gmail.com".

Aditionally, if I try to re-register my Spamcop address it complains that mx.gmail.com has no ip address.

Send this along with your registered SC email to me and also the address you are trying to register. Also when you get the error trying to register, do you get a link to the webpage which gives you a link to ask for a waiver? If you are getting a probe, copy/paste the whole thing with headers in-line in your email to me.

Archived