Reporting Spam bounced from Mailer-Daemon

Cykaos

I was wondering if SpamCop correctly processes spam mail that has been bounced by a Mailer-Daemon.

I own a domain name and frequently spammers use a fake address from my domain name as the From: or Reply to: field. So when the address that they are sending to doesn't exist or has problems, I get the email from the Mailer-Daemon of that server.

So the spam isn't to my email address. The Mailer-Daemon message usually has all the original headers that are needed. So my question is; Does SpamCop handle these types of messages? Or only spam mail sent directly to me?

Thanks,

Devin

Rather than wondering it it will parse or not, it might be better to read the FAQ conerning a few Rules at http://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/14.html ...

I wonder when that page was written? It's been that way for a long time and I'm wondering if it's time to change the key tenent regarding bounces:

The system which generated the bounce is not guilty of any sin - bounces are generally a good thing.

ugh. In the modern email world, I think it's quite a stretch to say bounces are a "good thing".

In the modern email world, I think it's quite a stretch to say bounces are a "good thing".

OK. How about they are required (requested?) by the current RFC's and should not be reported for following the rules currently in place.

In the modern email world, I think it's quite a stretch to say bounces are a "good thing".

OK. How about they are required (requested?) by the current RFC's and should not be reported for following the rules currently in place.

Yup. Much better.

And if somebody's going to actually change the wording on that page, could you fix the "your's" to "yours". :)

Archived