Can't receive e-mail through Mac Entourage

I swithched the hosting server of my web site, which I also receive my e-mail through, and now I can't send or receive e-mails on my MacIntosh Entourage as I was able to before the switch. Can you please help me to be sure my accounts are set up correctly? I have a feeling it's because I'm missing some setting that's needed as I'm set up to filter through my SpamCop account.

Thanks!

I moved your post over to SpamCop E-Mail Set-up. There are a number of Pinned FAQs that deal with certain settings and addresses used to configure clients and apps already in place. Would suggest you take the time to read a few of those and see the 'critical' items that would seem to already touch on the subject of your "missing some setting" details.

Thanks for the reply Wazoo, but I read all the FAQ's and found nothing that's helping me..nothing for setting the settings to MAC Entourage. I have an account with you guys (spam Cop), know all my username/passwords for both SpamCop and my domain, but can't seem to get anywhere. Can you please help me. My colleague who doesn't have a spam Cop account is able to send and receive e-mail fine. Maybe I should just cancel my spam Cop account so that will solve the problem, but I don't want to as I LOVE spam Cop and tell everyone about you guys. Is there a number I can call? Please help!

No I realize that there's not an existing Entourage FAQ (at this point) .. but the concepts and details are usually the same for just about any application ... you need to tell your app the server to use, how that server is named, and of course adding in your personal data where required. That's where the "read the existing" comes into play ... you should have noted that although the "entry line" descriptions may change from app to app, the content is the same ... i.e., the name of the spamcop server is the same, just depends on what part you're trying to hook up with (POP3 or IMAP) .. but this is also an item that only you would know which connection you're trying to set-up ....

I do have an iBook sitting here, and though Outlook Express and Mail don't look the same and the set-up screen are different, it's still just a matter of putting the correct server and account names in the right boxes ... I know, I make it sound so simple and you're ready to pull your hair out, but .... take a deep breath and check each item ... it can be something obvious, it might be something off the wall.

A number of years back, Microsoft was in the process of trying to get away from the *NIX servers and move over to their own product, and they tossed a 'small' change, caused by the different Operating Systems .. turns out that the data asked for in OE for "username" now had to be filled in with "username[at]hotmail.com" ... apparently getting ready to merge the HotMail and MSN e-mail users onto the same server farm ... But as this change was done on the HotMail servers, OE instructions and add-new-account-forms did not reflect this "small" change.

Archived