iomart[.]com spam handling (or not)

C2H5OH

For the last month I've been receiving spam from iomart accounts. "Only" a couple each day, but what concerns me is this;

Each and every time I try to report these with Spamcop I receive a message like,

"Using best contacts abuse[at]iomart.com
ISP has indicated spam will cease; ISP resolved this issue sometime after 19/10/2015 16:10:51 +0100"

The "sometime after" date/time is always within about an hour of my reporting, but still the spams keep coming.

It is almost as if iomart use an automated reply scri_pt instead of policing their accounts.

Google found this September 1st 2015 posting on the idgconnect[.]com website;

"Recently the spammer’s choice within the UK has been Iomart. Iomart is a hosting company that otherwise has a very good record, but they seem to have some difficulty in detecting abuse once they rent a dedicated server."

Iomart don't seem to be on any blacklists though - or am I not looking hard enough?

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I thought even mentioning IOMART here was enough to stop this spam, because since posting on Oct 22nd they all stopped... until today :-(

Usual message:

Using best contacts abuse[at]iomart.com
ISP has indicated spam will cease; ISP resolved this issue sometime after Thu, 19 Nov 2015 16:18:10 GMT
Message is 0 hours old

Here's the tracking URL for today's reappearance.

https://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z6194739991zc72733dc32f75d73c24e6ca503ff84bbz

If they keep coming I will adapt petzl's advice and head over to their Facebook page.

You might bring this to the deputies attention directly by writing to them at deputies[at]admin.spamcop.net.

They do stop by and read here but they may have missed that this ISP is sending what looks like an auto-reply to your spam reports.

Archived