sluggish servers at Spamcop?

gwitt

Is anyone else noticing how long is it taking to process spam?

I am getting to the point where I wonder why I even bothered to pay - maybe I should just get some DEA'a and move along when the spammers get too aggressive.

Spamcop should either address this issue head on, or start offering refunds -- and no, I do not want a Spamcop email address - might as well just stick a kick me sign on my digital back.

Did you bother to scan the headers in this forum before posting your new message?

There is a thread, SpamCop down? and another SpamCop processing delay bith in this forum that mention slow and/or inaccessible spamcop sites and the reasons or information that the reason is being researched.

There are a number of posts here and over in the newsgroups dealing with time. I take it you didn't read through any of those other Topics? Or perhaps you did, based on your "don't want a SpamCop addres" comment?) ...

At any rate, the opportunity to ask for a refund has always been in place. Send your account data to service <at> admin.spamcop.net (based on that you must be talking about the non-email type of a paid account)

On the other hand, you could just note that SpamCop is pretty much a victim of its own success. The march of upgraded systesm, additional servers, updated systems, additional servers just keeps going on and more and more users climb on board ... The last upgraded systems just occurred last Friday, and issues of getting all the databases moved, merged, and updated are still on-going. It was just last night that one "process" was killed of, having something to do with deleting aged out reports ... I'll try to pull thos posts from the newsgroups and add them to the last Announcement item posted dealing with the upgrades ...

No - I didn't take the time to read them - All of my time has been spent trying to submit and confirm spam :D

By the way, chastising a customer and indicating that your success is contributing to your problems doesn't really go a long way in the real world.

This is a self-help user group which is the way spamcop has decided to setup support for its service.

Wazoo and myself (and many others) are normal users, like you, who donate our time to help others having problems. Our response was the same as you would get in any peer supported user group, like for Linux, for instance. The first reply is usually, RTFM. In case you are not aware of that acronym, it is Read The - Manual.

I don't see the problem in questioning why someone did not try to find the answer themselves, especially when it is an active topic at the top of the current list of questions.

No - I didn't take the time to read them - All of my time has been spent trying to submit and confirm spamĀ  :D

By the way, chastising a customer and indicating that your success is contributing to your problems doesn't really go a long way in the real world.

I don't quite follow your thoughts on being chastised <sic>

Your first question was "Is anyone else noticing ..." The answer that "yes, there are other posts on this issue" doesn't seem to be challenging you at all ...

The "success contributing to problems" occurs all over the place. Another recent example is the Apple iPod-mini .... Pre-Orders made upon the release of data of its existance caused later press releases that the item wouldn't be available in some parts of the world for a year, others would see many months delay, as the demand was so great and the hard drive manufacturer (Hitachi, I believe) couldn't keep up with the demand.

Archived