Adding new e-mail addresses, same mailhost

I'm having a little difficulty adding a new e-mail address where the mailhosts would be identical to an existing e-mail address. For example, I have the following:

address1[at]mydomain.com is fully configured, and when I log into my SpamCop account and click the MailHosts tab, there it is. I can submit spam sent to *that* address no problem.

I now want to add address2[at]mydomain.com. So I go through the "Add new hosts" process. A short time later I get the "account configuration email" at this second address.

I click on the link that gets me to the "action=mhreturn" page, and paste in the full headers from this message, and the message body with the "special codes" as instructed. I've looked at the headers & codes, and they all look correct to me and point to address2[at]mydomain.com.

The mhreturn page says that it successfully added the new mailhost. Great.

Click on the Mailhosts tab, and the new email address is not there! Nothing's actually changed.

If I try to submit spam that was sent to address2, it fails during the parsing stage with a mailhosts error, same as it did before I started this process.

What am I missing?

Brad.

IIUC the mailhost really does not care about the mail box i.e address2, part of the email address, only the local servers that are part of the path getting your email delivered. I am assuming that both mailboxes, address1 and address2 of you domain follow the same path after arriving at you mail server.

Now if you have mail forwarded to address1{at}mydomain.com from say, address3{at}otherdomain.com THAT email should be added to mailhost because the trusted path from/through mailserver at otherdomain.com to and through the mailserver at mydomain.com would need to be added to mailhost.

So I think you are OK. You should be able to send spam sent to either (any) mailbox at mydomain.com. You can of course check by pasting a spam received into the webpage submit form and checking the parsed path and who reports would be sent to before pressing "send."

Archived