Ron Scelson says he might 'un-reform'

Jebuz Jones

Ronald Scelson, "The Cajun Spammer", says that he now sends millions of unwanted emails in full compliance with the law. He also says that if the millions of people who don't want his emails continue to block those unwanted emails, that he will stop sending them as CAN-spam compliant and begin using illegal tactics again.

"When I'm forced into a situation where I cannot do legal business because other people are interfering with it, I will go back to spam," he told Reuters after the hearing.

Maybe it's just me, but isn't this like John Gotti saying "If I can't skim union dues and shake down storeowners legally, then I'm going to be forced to become a criminal!"

Considering that the man works out of an underground fallout shelter, I'm wondering if anyone in his area has access to a cement truck and is free during working hours...

Ronald Scelson, "The Cajun Spammer", says that he now sends millions of unwanted emails in full compliance with the law. He also says that if the millions of people who don't want his emails continue to block those unwanted emails, that he will stop sending them as CAN-spam compliant and begin using illegal tactics again.

"When I'm forced into a situation where I cannot do legal business because other people are interfering with it, I will go back to spam," he told Reuters after the hearing.

Maybe it's just me, but isn't this like John Gotti saying "If I can't skim union dues and shake down storeowners legally, then I'm going to be forced to become a criminal!"

<snip>

...Actually, I think it's quite a bit different. spam was entirely legal before CAN-spam; it is now illegal if you fail to follow the CAN-spam rules. Shaking down store owners was never (I hope!) legal.

Archived