Mozilla plugin?

nogin

Just wondering - have anybody ever tried to create a plugin (.xpi) for Mozilla (and consequently - Netscape) that would add a "report this messsage to SpamCop" entry to the message menu (and the right-click context menu)? The way I envision it is that it would bring up a browser window, sending an appropriate POST request (with the full spam body) to the SpamCop reporting. This would be very convenient and save a lot of time spent on copying/pasting to the web interface or attaching and waiting in the case of email interface...

P.S. Personally, I use email interface, so every time there is some slowdown (like today), I keep wishing for a more reliable way to report spam quickly (without having to manually copy&paste everything).

Just wondering - have anybody ever tried to create a plugin (.xpi) for Mozilla (and consequently - Netscape) that would add a "report this messsage to SpamCop" entry to the message menu (and the right-click context menu)? [...]

P.S. Personally, I use email interface, so every time there is some slowdown (like today), I keep wishing for a more reliable way to report spam quickly (without having to manually copy&paste everything).

Not quite what you're looking for, but I use Mozilla's IMAP support to drag messages directly to my Spamcop Held Mail folder. From there, I use the VER page to quick-report them.

Not quite the instant-gratification of a "report this" button, but it's pretty swift and painless once you get used to it.

I believe this requires a paid account, though...

This has been posted and answered several times at Mozillazine from the looks of a quick search. This thread sums it up pretty good:

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.ph...ghlight=spamcop

I think it would be a useful extension to Thunderbird for many users (although I would not likely use it), however no one has taken the time to create it.

Also checked the extensions here and did not see anything like this.

Archived