What are these "Photos" spams? (Also "reports")

showker

there have been a rash of attachment spams lately -- does anyone know if these are malwre? We got 8 this morning -- all said "Photos" like someone was sending me a photo . . . this one is an "invoice" ... we've gotten a rash of those too. Spamcop never finds the sender, and reporting is basically worthless.

The IP resolves to somewhere in Iran ... are these ISIS terrorists trying to break in?

In my email it looks sort of like this screen capture :

attachment_spammer.jpg

there have been a rash of attachment spams lately -- does anyone know if these are malwre? We got 8 this morning -- all said "Photos" like someone was sending me a photo . . . this one is an "invoice" ... we've gotten a rash of those too. Spamcop never finds the sender, and reporting is basically worthless.

Even though SpamCop does not find a valid abuse{AT} address, reporting is not "Worthless." The source IP is added to the BL, and may help others sort email (spam), from the same IP into a spam folder.

As you have voiced your opinion in other threads, 'Sending spam Reports is pointless' the only purpose would then be to build the BL. However, if the source is a zombie the spam report may, through the ISP, help someone by letting them know there PC is infected.

Archived