a way to look at reported spam from my ip?

The IP of my mailserver was reported as a spammer to spamcop with (unless I am reading the data incorrectly) less than 10 reported spam emails from my IP reported. Since probably 200 people use this mailserver, it will be pretty hard for me to isolate what 10 or less emails these were, and which user sent them so I can rectify the situation.

Is there some place in the system where I can review the alleged spams that originated from my mailserver? Or even just the headers? Sorry if this is a really obvious question.

I can log outgoing traffic, but if it's _really_ less than 10 emails in the past week... that seems like a needle in a haystack to me. 200 users sending an average of 10 mails a day = 2000 emails a day. In the past week that would be 14000 emails. I honestly can't see what methodology I'd use to find less than 10 emails out of 14000 without more to go on.

Again, unless I am reading the info on the checkblock page wrong.

The IP is 66.216.97 dot 162

Thanks for reading this,

Joshua

I don't think you're reading it wrong, but more that the everchanging 'evidence' page has made things a bit more un-obvious again. That "less than 10 users" now seems to be a bit of boiler plate, and the what one would normally see (in the past anyway) would have been an additional comment probably referring to "spamtrap" traffic being the real cause. If one makes this historically correct assumption, then a nice note to Deputies <at> admin.spamcop.net with the IP in question, would hopefully cause one of the Deputies to take a look at the spamtrap data and possibly provide with with some clues as to exactly what was leaving your system.

I can't find anything you should email the deputies and they will give you some idea about the spam reported.

You have more mail going through than that, according to Senderbase your mail output has gone up 5309% in the last day. That's a big increase.

Archived