Lying ISPs

I was wondering what the general thought was when an ISP lies. Just encountered yet another Brazilian ISP which had claimed to take care of the issue. This, of course, disables sending of the report to the ISP. But, of course, the domain is still active, in their IP space, still serving the spamvertised webpage. And will be tomorrow. And the next day. Any thoughts?

I was wondering what the general thought was when an ISP lies.  Just encountered yet another Brazilian ISP which had claimed to take care of the issue.  This, of course, disables sending of the report to the ISP.  But, of course, the domain is still active, in their IP space, still serving the spamvertised webpage.  And will be tomorrow.  And the next day.  Any thoughts?

...IIUC, the ISP's loss. Their spammy IP addresses will stay on the blocklist but they won't be sent the information that would help them find out why.

There's also the question on just what was "handled" and the actual selection of the "no more reports" items ... for instance, one selection basically turns off reports for 24 hours, but more spam submittals after that will start sending them again ... another selection basically says "never send me another report ever" and that allows a paying member to "appeal" that situation later on ... not that a reversal of the mode will change that ISP's operational mode .... but could lead to an escalation of the complaints to an upstream that might take some more worthwhile "action" ....

Archived