connect to smtp server failed

After adding a new host, I got this. Are these kind of errors of interest to anyone, or should just I ignore them if they occur in the future?

I did get one test email for this host, and Spamcop successfullly processed it and added the mailhost to my config.

Sent test email to MUNGED through mail.sourceforge.net.

SpamCop has just sent you 1 test messages to MUNGED.

Please allow for up to an hour for those messages to reach you, and then follow the enclosed instructions.

Some errors were encountered sending test email, but other tests were sent without trouble. This is probably normal, but here is a detailed list of errors:

Detailed errors:

Connecting to externalmx-1.sourceforge.net.:

smtpSend:smtpOpen: connect to smtp server failed (Connection refused)

After adding a new host, I got this.  Are these kind of errors of interest to anyone, or should just I ignore them if they occur in the future?

I did get one test email for this host, and Spamcop successfullly processed it and added the mailhost to my config.

Please allow for up to an hour for those messages to reach you, and then follow the enclosed instructions.

Some errors were encountered sending test email, but other tests were sent without trouble. This is probably normal, but here is a detailed list of errors:

Detailed errors:

Keep an eye on your parses to make sure that you are not reporting your own ISP/hosting company/company/personal servers.

After adding a new host, I got this.  Are these kind of errors of interest to anyone, or should just I ignore them if they occur in the future?

Detailed errors:

I don't know if this answer holds for your problem, but people using Postini configured in the normal way will get 2 success and 2 failures as they have a secondary site they only activate when the primary is having major problems. Normally, when the probes are sent, they are sent to all MX records that are found, so will fail for any hosts that are not receiving email.

As a side note, is it possible to get hosts added to the mailhost configuration for the possibility they will be used in the future? I don't know how the spamcop system will work if/when the secondary is being used.

I can add mailhosts but the idea is to not just add bunches and bunches for no reason. If you have a specific example you can send it to me -- I would need specific details tho of what failed, i.e. IP and host/server name as they would appear in the headers if that IP/server handled the mail.

Archived