Need help

DS2K

Basically, you sign up for a new account using the same email address. I don;t know if they still offer the mole option on signup, so read the page carefully. It was the default at one time, but the function seems to have been reduced to useless.

At the bottom of this pinned item there are directions for resetting your account. There are other directions around that state you need to delete all spamcop cookies before doing this, but I believe that bug was fixed. If it does not work the first time, try deleting all spamcop cookies and try again.

Please post back here with any problems/sucess so we have the most recent information to pass onto the next person.

No, the cookies have to be deleted ... the old ones will still contain the previous "secret code" and thus try to log you in under the "old" ID/account. It's true that one could imagine that upon doing the new account thing, the old cookie would be replaced at the next attempted login, but based on so many complaints of problems in the past, one can't leave this to faith alone <g>

Like you, I've no idea if the check box still exists, or if it's still defaulted. Last time I asked about this, it seemed the situation that Julian had re-coded the parser and surrounding database stuff, but hadn't gone back to the registration web-pages to actually kill off the mole-reporter status.

<snip>

Like you, I've no idea if the check box still exists, or if it's still defaulted.

<snip>

...Was just there last week and the mole status option was there but had been changed to [default] off instead of on.

I think it worked..

Just reported yet another spammer *sigh* and for the new looking page got this reply..

spam report id 1080863349 sent to: spamcop[at]imaphost.com

/dev/null'ing report for abuse#abuse.earthlink.net[at]devnull.spamcop.net

spam report id 1080863355 sent to: spambr[at]admin.spamcop.net

spam report id 1080863361 sent to: mail-abuse[at]nic.br

Does that mean it worked seeing it used the id??

spam report id 1080863361 sent to:

That's the real deal ... that complaint went out ... in theory, if this ISP wished to "talk" to you about it, that ISP would send an e-mail to (basically) 1080863361 <at> spamcop.net .. and SpamCop's servers would then Forward this e-mail to your registered e-mail account. Congrats!

Archived