Failed Captcha

George Moje

This post moved from Reporting help > Routing / Report Address Issues.  This seems to be a blocklist issue not a reporting issue.

George Moje, If you have resolved the issue that got your IP address listed, the IP will automatically be delisted after a given time, unless there are continued reports.

Thank you, however my issue is that I cannot communicate my issue to Spamcop. I'm not trying to submit an IP to get off a list. My issue is our emails are not spam. Some users are mistakenly marking them as such putting us on your blacklist. We are required to send these on behalf of our stakeholders. Our lists are up to date. Below is a brief explanation from our Corp Trust services Division about these emails.

I can be reached directly at 508-649-9039 if needed to elaborate further.

Thank you
George Moje
Computershare
508-649-9039

"Emails are broadcasts that are sent to MBS Issuers notifying them of MBS funds due and the amount that they will have to wire to our bank by the date stated on the broadcast.

This broadcast serves as an important reminder for a large amount of high value wires that we are expecting from the Issuer/client. 

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,"

Angelina Yeh
Payment Officer > MBS - Corporate Trust Services

Just to be sure everyone is aware, this is a pear-to-pear forum, users attempting to help others with issues involving spam and/or SpamCop in particular.  I do not have any direct connection nor official position with SpamCop.  I am not a lawyer nor do I play one on TV.  With all those disclaimers:

I would suggest you scrub you emailing list to removed those "users" that do not want to receive your emails.  Of course, assuming you do have a current business relationship with the addressees of you emails, your emails are not technically spam, unsolicited commercial email.  However, it is obvious some recipients do not want to receive your email.  Just as a matter of good business it should be remembered that the email standards do not guarantee the timely delivery of email and therefore any important business correspondence should not be sent only by email.

It is apparent that there are several addressees that have reported the email they received.  It requires several reports, in a short period of time, to add an IP address to the SC blocklist.  You can check if your IP is listed here.  There is also a possibility that an email from your system was addressed to a spam trap.

This is just me, but if I received an email stating " funds due and the amount that they will have to wire to our bank by the date stated" I would be tempted to report it as spam just like all the other similar emails I receive on a daily bases, unless I recognized the sender and had opted-in to receiving email from them.

Anticipating a suggestion, it would not be appropriate to "white-list" your IP address.  The correct action would be not to send email to those that do not want to receive them.

Without any knowledge of you, your business or your relationship with those that have reported your emails, I would not want to be miss understood but it should be keep in mind, Spammer rule  #1, in particular Russel's Admonition and Sharp's Corollary.

Thank you. While I agree with much of what you said these people agreed to get these emails. They are expecting them, however some are mislabeling them as spam. My real issue is that when I try and communicate this to SpamCop I cant get a message to them. Once I type it all in, I do the bot check which fails each and every time with the error I mentioned. It asks me for very simple things like T 7 D or TGFR to verify I am not a bot and it does not work so I was looking for suggestions on how to contact themm because the option they give me is broken.

Thank you

As noted in other threads, there are updates coming. In the mean time, have you check your email IP as suggested above? Why do you think you are currently on the SCBL? Have you received spam reports from SpamCop.net or has some ISP reported that you email was blocked/not delivered because you are on the SCBL?  Or is there some other evidence?  Which IP address used by your outgoing SMTP is on the SCBL? That would help members here see why it is being blocked.

This information would help others give you better information about how to solve you issues.  Have you looked at the information behind the link More information for report recipients ?

Archived