MailwasherPro & SpamCop

Recently my SpamCop submissions, submitted via MailwasherPro v4.1 have not been returning a verification notice.

I have also noticed that my e-mail address was being spoofed but with a different IP. I notified my ISP's security department but have not heard from them.

I have checked and double checked and triple checked my settings in MailwasherPro for SpamCop submissions and all server settings, incoming & outgoing settings, password settings etc. are absolutely correct.

Last evening, I re-applied for a new SpamCop submission e-mail. Still not working.

When I turn on Norton AV "Scan Outgoing Mail" I get an error. When I turn it off, I see no errors but still no response from SpamCop.

Any Suggestions?

Hello,

I'm having the EXACT same problem w/ Mailwasher. I have no idea what the problem is or how to fix it, and neither does anyone else seem to. For a few months it worked fine, then I noticed my spam went up and my SpamCop reports went down. Now I send about 50 reports to SpamCop thru the day, and I'm lucky to get back one report. But since one can get thru, they should all be working.

I posted on the MW site twice about this and no one knew. I emailed their technical staff w/ the debug file attached. Their answer? Everything is fine, no problem. Why not try it manually? Well if I wanted to do it manually I would not have bought Mailwasher! I did forward some to SC from a different email and they ALL came back fine. It's something in the MW program, it got worse since I updated to 4.1, but they have no answers and are less than helpful. I regret buying that program and wish I would have purchased a better one that completely works. Let me know if you figure out how to fix it!

Is there any way to roll back to the version prior to your upgrade to version 4.1? I guess to start with sorting out whther it's a problem with the upgraded version or an actual connection/submittal issue with your account (which I'm guessing that they were also suggesting by doing a manual submittal) .. bottom line, if you want to work out the problem, you have to start somewhere.

You possibly need to log into SpamCop and set up your mailhosts for reporting (this is a new addition to SpamCop to stop spammers forging headers)

For the $30 a year you are best to get a SpamCop email account (much superior to mailwasher)

Not sure where the point of reference is, but the Mail-Host thing shouldn't have any bearing on the problems described thus far. All I see at this point is the alleged e-mail submittals using MailWasher as the tool, and that apparently there's a failure somewhere. I say that these folks need to go back to ground zero, see if they can actually get the spam to parse via the cur/paste two-art web form ... then move on to trying something else ... both posters have stated that they're using 4.1, yet you'll note that there isn't a lot of newsgroup or Forum traffic to indicate that this is a hard failure .. but, then "we" have no idea how many people have upgraded, did upgrade and rolled it back, upgraded and gave up, etc. Can only go by the traffic seen, and thus far, only two people with an issue ...???

I had a similar problem with 4.1. Turns out I had the SMTP server typed in wrong. for some reason Mailwasher will not give you an error message, it acts like its working, but doesnt actually send anything.

Check your ISP, and make sure they didnt do some DNS swapping (for example, Roadrunner used to use mail-server.rr.com and now uses smtp-server.rr.com. mail-server still works SOMETIMES, but its better to use smtp-server.)

If that doesnt show a problem, find the IP address of your ISPs mail server ( go to www.dnsstuff.com, enter your mailserver name under "DNS lookup" and hit the button. first IP listed is the correct one.) and enter that IP as your SMTP server.

Also make sure your ISP does not require authentication for sending, if it does, you need to click the advanced button where you set the SMTP server.

Other than that, make sure you have the correct reporting email address (copy and paste it from spamcop when you are logged in to be sure).

SpamCop has now said that my email, cox.net, might be blocking the reports I'm sending to them.

"I do not know if there are mailwasher problems but I do know that cox

is running spam filters on user's outbound mail and mail that meets their

criteria is being silently discarded. We have spoken to cox about this and

there is no way that they can adjust the filter so that spam being mailed to

your unique SC address can be excluded from the outbound filtering."

Archived