Optaining Email list of complaint - 66.36.175.211

amitshah

Had you provided some data on who you were, what IP addresses were involved, perhaps someone here might have made a statement.  Recall, you asked for (yet another) list of e-mail addresses from "us" ... this was rejected all around ... and you've offered nothing of substance since.

I may be a noob here, but if a company, like IDT were dinged for spamming, one would think that the company's IT department or marketing department would contact the ISP and sort out the details. I don't see why Joe Q Employee would be posting to a messageboard and looking for a solution.

doesn't make sense to me.

If we roll back the clock a bit, it really turns out that the only IP offered turns out to be the IP for an unnamed web-site. There was only an alleged statement of "we are part of IDT" .. but best as can be figured, it would appear to be some marketeer of some "affiliate of IDT" offering up some program/plan for the re-selling of telephone cards .... again, IDT being of the world-class type corporation doesn't really seem to fir the profile of using the services of a web-hosting ISP catering to the low monthly rate based on getting no traffic at your site ....

The appearances of what has been offered thus far is the multi-level marketing scheme, using affiliates and partners to spread the spew, and apparently this particular web-sote was offered up in a few too many spam/complaints. This ISP received the reports, apparently took a look, apparently said something to this user that initiated the request for the e-mail addresses of the complainers (one can only assume to listwash) ... but apparently the complaints kept coming in and the web-site was pulled by the hosting ISP. The original poster has simply ignored any attempt at trying to paint the picture in any other way.

Archived