suggestions/requests more than 100 at a time,...

When I check my held mail there are usually thousands of them there. Can you set it so it shows 500 or so at a time? The only time I really need to chk those is when I have an email sent to me that I'm expecting and don't get it because it get's flagged as spam. But since it's recent, I have to wade thru several weeks worth of held spam to find it. To be able to delete 500 or so at a time would make this job much easier.

Also, for a spam filter, since these morons keep using stupid tricks to get their spams past keyword filters, have you ever considered running a spell check filter? Any email with more than 10-20% misspellings gets flagged as spam? And maybe let us set that threshold.

Thanks for a system that works pretty well. About 80% for me.

When I check my held mail there are usually thousands of them there. Can you set it so it shows 500 or so at a time?

If you're using a SpamCop.net (or cesmail.net) email address, you can log into the Webmail system and set the amount of displayed messages per page to any number you like. It sound like maybe you're not using the Webmail interface, but rather clicking on the "Held Mail" button in the "spamcop.net" site.

The only time I really need to chk those is when I have an email sent to me that I'm expecting and don't get it because it get's flagged as spam. But since it's recent, I have to wade thru several weeks worth of held spam to find it.

Then you should use "webmail.spamcop.net" and set the "Default sorting criteria" to "Arrival Time" which will put the most recent messages on the first screen. That way, perhaps you wouldn't even need to set the number to 500. I was formerly viewing 100 at a time, but all the scrolling was a pain, so I'm down to 20, and I'm using a "Message Preview" setting of 100 characters, so that in addition to the Subject line, I can see the first 100 characters of the message. Makes it really easy to identify spam.

Regarding deleting a lot of messages at a time, you can empty your entire Held Mail folder at once by using the "Folders" button at the top of the webmail interface, then select "Expand All, " select the checkbox by Held Mail and then select the "Empty Folder(s)" action from the drop-down menu.

David T.

It you what to try using IMAP you can get around the limit and view and delete in mass from your local client.

I whole reason I pay spamcop to handle the spam is so I don't have to d/l the crap.

Using IMAP, you will be using the local client to access and delete the messages on the server. They are never brought to your local machine.

Webmail is simply an IMAP client doing the same thing.

It you what to try using IMAP you can get around the limit and view and delete in mass from your local client.

I whole reason I pay spamcop to handle the spam is so I don't have to d/l the crap.

...Then you may want to get a refund from SpamCop and switch to an e-mail service that does that.

Archived