Mailwasher.net

IamInnocent.

:excl: Does anyone have any experience using a program called mailwasher.net? 

I have installed it but it is more interested in my mail which I have received in 2010 and 2012 than my current mail. 

It likes to be idle and not doing anything. Checking mail doesn't seem to be working. It simply doesn't realise that I have received mail and it needs sorting. It behaves as if nothing has happened.

What is your experience?<_<

Used it years ago and once you work out how to set-up it is good. Go to their forum for latest advice

Most email providers now sort your "spam from ham" for you. I then just email as attachment all spam to my superSecret SpamCop  email address for "Very Easy Reporting" (VER)

I used it for a while several years go, and found it useful.

I don't know if recent versions still have the feature, but I'd advise avoiding the use of the "bounce" option that used to be available for mail that mailwasher classifies as spam.

• 11 months later...

I've used Mailwasher Pro (free allows only one account, or used to) in conjunction with David Harris's marvelous (and entirely donation-supported) Pegasus Mail for many many years and wouldn't be without either. I don't like the versions past 6.5.4 though I've tried newer ones from time to time -- more clutter and for my use no more functionality -- so far. Your mileage may differ, though unfortunately Firetrust no longer offers the option to download older versions on their site -- you can probably find 6.5.4 somewhere, though, if you decide the current version is unpalatable.

I hear my husband's Mac chiming mail deliveries incessantly. Using Mailwasher puts receiving mail as well as control of your mail back into your hands as well as saving infinite trouble uncluttering your mailboxes. Your mail will wait in Mailwasher and you can check it when you're ready to deal it. How it works:

Set up your email address(es). Mailwasher will download headers and text (200 lines default, user adjustable), including clickable links, of all mail that isn't already filtered by your ISP's mail program, if any. You look the list over and click on the delete column for anything you don't want to download into your email program, then click on "Process Mail." Mailwasher deletes these from the server and (as I use it) opens your mail window so you can download the rest right away.

A check in the "blacklist" column marks the mail for deletion and upon processing these will be deleted from the server.  I blacklist stores where I shop and thus don't want shipping notices & invoices automatically deleted but also don't want my mailbox cluttered up with sales pitches. Easy to uncheck what I want. If an email from a known sender has a useful link and nothing else worth keeping, I can check out whatever it is right from Mailwasher and mark the email for deletion. The saving in time and aggro is immense. There's an option to set up reporting to SpamCop and a check in that column marks the mail for deletion from the server also. There's an option for almost anything you can possibly think of -- the program is incredibly configurable. I have used the "bounce" capability a few times -- it works on some retail stores (the kind that  infest your mailbox with daily and oftener emails; I've never had a problem if I want to order from one again). Pointless on today's spam and much other nuisance mail.

https://www.firetrust.com/products/mailwasher-pro

http://www.pmail.com/

I hope this helps.

Archived