; <<>> DiG 9.2.1 <<>> [at]blns10.spamcop.net bl.spamcop.net NS

;; global options:  printcmd

;; Got answer:

;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: REFUSED, id: 1573

;; flags: qr rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:

;bl.spamcop.net.                        IN      NS

;; Query time: 273 msec

;; SERVER: 206.67.234.112#53(blns10.spamcop.net)

;; WHEN: Fri Feb 13 10:45:56 2004

;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 32

why they refuse us ???

Let me get my vendors for help. :wacko::wacko::blink:

You don't need to ask blns10.spamcop.net what the NS records for bl.spamcop.net are. You were already told those by the nameservers for spamcop.net.

In fact, no resolver actually queries for NS records. It will actually be querying for A records. So, repeat the tests like this:

dig [at]c.gtld-servers.net 2.0.0.127.bl.spamcop.net

this will return a referral to the spamcop.net nameservers

then, dig [at]use1.akam.net 2.0.0.127.bl.spamcop.net

this will return a referral to the bl.spamcop.net nameservers

then, dig [at]blns10.spamcop.net 2.0.0.127.bl.spamcop.net

and, you'll see the correct answer.

Trust me, the bl.spamcop.net nameservers are working fine.

JT

:cry:

so far, i try to grep the "spam block" from my mail log file, but I couldn't find any record at all.

grep -i "spam block" maillog | more

Is it because I use Mail Monitor from Sophos ?

I am not sure but I think this discussion could be carried on more profitably in the spamcop.geeks newsgroup.

Miss Betsy

Shame on you, Miss Betsy <g> ..... But I surely agree most wholeheartedly. This much pasted verbiage, log content, etc. is an absurd waste of screen space. Heck, I blew a lot of time last night (this morning?) trying to find where "ahnah" quoted a specific "grep" line, but finally had to decide that "ahnah" did the "quote" thing just to set it off from the rest of the text. As it was the second or third thing I'd seen that he/she had tried to 'grep' and came up empty, I was trying to figure out just whose advice was being followed.

I thought the purpose of the web forum was to reduce "noise" for people who are looking for help. IMHO, referrals should be made to the appropriate newsgroup for discussions that are not specifically about how to use spamcop reporting or how to get IP addresses delisted. In particular, the technically non-fluent who, IME, would be intimidated by reading such an exchange.

Suggestions that there would be more answers/opinions could be made for people who are obviously not familiar with newsgroups rather than referrals - and of course, handholding on how to access the newsgroups.

And that made my day! :) having you agree with me! I love it when the people whom I see as being /really/ knowledgable agree with my opinions!

Miss Betsy

Archived