[Resolved] A suggestion for a pinned topic/FAQ entry

studog

SpamCop works exactly like the credit reporting agencies, and since most people understand how that works, I'd like to see a FAQ or pinned topic that spells this out. It might help prevent some of the ranters from posting.

SpamCop == Credit Reporting Agency

SpamCop Users == Various Financial Entities that report credit info

ISP using SpamCop to block email == Dealership using credit report to decide not to give you the car loan

...Stu

Wazoo, thanks for adding this to the FAQ

Just in case you thought nobody was looking as you slip things in here and there.

It is getting better all the time.

Keep up the good work

Thanks .. it does seem funny that there's not a lot of feedback, and from the more exciting posts of late, even though the Pinned items were reduced, those left aren't being read. I'm running more than a bit slow and behind right now .... lost a hard drive yesterday, 6 partitions on that one ... data backup doesn't do much good, as I simply don't have a spare 40 Gig to put it on <g> ... and as it was the second drive in the chain, D: drive was where all my "Tools" were residing, so it's been a slow process of getting past all those error messages, edit the Registry a bit to get around some calls, moving stuff around (usually meaning older copies of stuff off of another computer, then a bit of updating) to get around other issues .... somewhere along the line, blame it on the pills, the ribs, the lunacy of talking someone through their problem over the phone while working on my own stuff, heck, let's add in some stupidity ... while stepping through a sequence to attempt one repair, I managed to not notice that I'd dislodged the cable to my C: drive, and proceeded to screw up the partition table on another drive, such that two primary partitions are lost as the starting sector now points to the extended partition ... Partition Magic just hangs, Norton's Disk Doctor gets lost, sucked down and burned the latest Knoppix CD, but for some reason, it won't boot .... on and on ..... just not having much fun right now ....

update .. burned the Knoppix CD on a DVD+RW drive, but the CD would only boot when installed in a plain-jane CD unit ... (DVD+RW and CR-RW units just wouldn't see it in time?) .. but of course, hang-time at scanning for partition data .. so no help there ... going nuts trying to sort why Windows Explorer will show partitions/drives .. but just don't "go there" or Reset button is the only solution ..

• 1 year later...
Thanks .. it does seem funny that there's not a lot of feedback, and from the more exciting posts of late, even though the Pinned items were reduced, those left aren't being read.  I'm running more than a bit slow and behind right now .... lost a hard drive yesterday, 6 partitions on that one ... data backup doesn't do much good, as I simply don't have a spare 40 Gig to put it on <g> ... and as it was the partitions/drives .. but just don't "go there" or Reset button is the only solution ..

15101[/snapback]

Seacrching for something else, came across this, and as the response here matches some dialog going on "today" .. thought I'd bring this back into view .... other than the discussions elsewhere between a few of "us" .... I'm not sure I can recall the last "input to the FAQ" posting from "the crowd" ...????

There could be different reasons why the 'crowd' doesn't contribute.

one is that the FAQ are pretty complete and people find what they want

two is that because we(tinw) don't promote the idea of users helping users, more and more people are just posting to ask a question and then leave. (that's what I do with the QuickBooks Forum - I don't have enough expertise to answer questions really. Usually the questions I have are unanswerable so there is very little dialogue. I don't have a particular interest in making QuickBooks work so I don't hang around.)

three is that like all volunteer organizations, there are very few who will volunteer. There is a real crisis in volunteer organizations now.

Miss Betsy

It's wierd ... the Glossary/Dictionary thing for example .. there hasn't been a sign of the programmer/developer for months ... even the guy that was offering to "fix things for a fee" seems to have disappeared since I started posting over there, answering questions, and getting a couple of other folks up and running http://www.phpdictionary.com/support/ .... one web-site I was managing has 'disappeared' due to money issues with the owner (husband out of work, mother bitten by a brown recluse spider and sore spot ignored for a bit too l long, on and on) .. anyway, I've been queried as to why I'be not been posting in that ISP's support Forum ...

Last count, I'm looking at almost a dozen different Forums (most of those having multiple sections of interest) in the support mode of this one, there's like 3 dozen links under the Favorites - SpamCop folder .... the files I've created with snippets from here and there, programming examples, links, fixes, etc. ...

As far as 'complete' .. know that's not the point reached yet. I just re-started another attempt at trying to get data on the ISP Response Center to build a FAQ on that .. the last attempt getting so far off track and confused between Don, RW, and myself. Bottom line, they wouldn't offer me up a link so that I could actually see the page in question and their "description" of those page contents looked just like someone trying to describe their spam .. lots of words but content was much lacking, definitely no details to extract/copy into another document.

It's wierd ... the Glossary/Dictionary thing for example .. there hasn't been a sign of the programmer/developer for months ... even the guy that was offering to "fix things for a fee" seems to have disappeared since I started posting over there ...

39222[/snapback]

No surprise to "us" who see the quality and depth of your work every day.
As fae as 'complete' ..  know that's not the point reached yet.  I just re-started another attempt at trying to get data on the ISP Response Center to build a FAQ on that ...

39222[/snapback]

Sounds like it might be useful - but you are (I think) allowed to rule it off somewhere short of it becoming a serious rival to the Junior Woodchucks Manual :)

• 5 months later...

It's wierd ... the Glossary/Dictionary thing for example .. there hasn't been a sign of the programmer/developer for months ...

Yes, I am the person he is referring to. :rolleyes::P

We got so busy with other products that the PHP Dictionary got put on the back burner for a while. I know Wazoo had questions that we didn't sufficiently answer, so I do apologize.

We have recently release version 2, and reopened the support forum.

www.phpdictionary.com

Archived