250 spam emails a week!

chris_nski

Hi, chris_nski!

Sorry to say it but since I've used SpamCop its made things go from bad to worse I get 30-40 spam emails every day and its rising - what can I do apart from changing my ISP and primary email  :(

14757[/snapback]

...Please see:my reply in same thread, Mikey's reply in thread "Does Spamcop even help the problem?" and thread: "Seems like more spam now".

what can I do apart from changing my ISP and primary email 

When I changed my spammy address, I just used another email address already offered by my ISP. Then when I changed it again, I had to pay $10. So I don't think you have to change ISPs.

When I changed mine, I used numeric characters in the address (not after). For instance, chr1sn5k1 - it helps with the dictonary spammers. Then I haven't used it for any entries on the internet. I have a couple of hotmail addresses (also numeric - one however I used for reporting and the ISP forwarded it to the spammer who put me on his list - the other one hardly ever receives spam - in spite of being able to be harvested.) These are the ones I use when I order something or want to put my email address on a website.

I don't have a business, but I read that even businesses can change addresses over time. The only problem is that you have to monitor the spammy address for a long time until everyone knows your new address.

Making sure that it is not published anywhere on the web or that it is not a 'dictionary-able' address will protect an email address.

Another thing you could do is to choose no munging. Then the ones who will listwash you about balance out the ones who add you to lists. Aside from the fact that spam is always increasing and the longer your address is out there, the more spam you will get. I am convinced that a lot of the money to be made in spam is in the buying and selling of lists.

Miss Betsy

Sorry to say it but since I've used SpamCop its made things go from bad to worse I get 30-40 spam emails every day and its rising - what can I do apart from changing my ISP and primary email  :(

14757[/snapback]

Hey Chris

Don't think its spamcop's fault. Just think its just getting a lot-lot-lot worse.. The net is like the wild west ;)

I'll trade ya email problems (Just joking)

Some cheesehead spammer is spamming from at least 100 different IP using my domain as a forged originator address..

I get about 30 real spam email, all the spammers bounced emails, and a few nasty emails demanding that I stop spamming them..

I've been trying to Keep/track all the bounced emails and have collected 4300 in the last 24 hours.. Its my guess that the spammer must be sending hundreds of thousounds of email every day with my domain name in the originator's address.

Mind you, it could be some sort of spam related virus doing all this spam; but I can't very this..

Someone mentioned that they got on a black list and were then told they'd have to pay money to get off the black list.. I've got a nasty feeling that some of the increased spammer traffic may be done intentionally as an incentive to help modivate people to sign up for spam protection products (just a hunch ;).

I just wish for the day when 30 emails was alot of traffic in 1 day

Paul

With the same clients we were blocking about 1,000 a day just months ago, now we are blocking about 3,500 a day! Go figure :(

It's going to get a lot worse before it gets better. :unsure:

These spammers are nothing but pondscum, well almost, they smell worse. They believe we need their excrement. You can block them, complain about them, report them and it seems like nothing works because the dung just keeps flowing in. :angry:

The good point is, they "are" going down, 1 by 1, little by little, sooner or later they will be swimming in their own toilet bowl and they will be looking up as someone else pulls the handle and watches them swirl around until they are sucked into the void. :o

spam: talk about having a sh**ty outlook, huh? :blink:

Hope this helps :rolleyes:

Archived