IP Lookup Page Broken

harryhoudini

IP Lookup Page Error

My friend's server was an open relay... I fixed it and I would like to remove her from the blacklist, yet the lookup page returns the following error:

500 Internal Server Error 
Sorry, your request could not be processed. 

Rest assured that this problem will be fixed. Please re-try the operation which caused this error in a minute or two. You can even leave this error screen open and use your browser's "reload" button to re-try. Please do not press reload repeatedly though. Pressing the button more often does not resolve the problem faster. It just makes a bad situation worse. 

If you believe this is a bug which occurs only under specific circumstances (rather than a temporary, general problem), please click on "Help" above and report the problem in the forum with as much detail as you can. 

Any help?

I don't know what is wrong with the look up page. However, there is no way to remove an IP address since the spamcop bl is automatic. When the spam reports stop, the IP address will be removed within 48 hours. The blocklist looks at the date and time of the spam so even if reports are filed later by people who have just looked at their email, it does not affect the listing.

It might only be a temporary error. You can try the look up page again, and if it doesn't work still, try posting again.

Miss Betsy

First of all, please read through http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=972 and note that you removing anything is kind of out there ....  This isn't the way things work.

The internal error problem is no doubt due to some heave work going on at present.  As the error message states .. give it some time ...

14967[/snapback]

First of all, I did read through it. If you would take some time and read the spamcop site, it states:

If you have recently closed an open relay, check to see if it is listed with www.ordb.org (off site link). If it is listed, ask for a re-test. Once ordb has certified your relay as secure, return to http://spamcop.net/bl.shtml to expedite the removal of your server from the list. Or just wait the 48 hours and it will be delisted automatically.

I was trying to expedite the removal, and since I couldn't I was figuring there was a link there to expedite the removal. Thanks for no help.

The lookup site is currently showing:

Causes of listing

System has sent mail to SpamCop spam traps in the past week (spam traps are secret, no reports or evidence are provided by SpamCop)

Having received ONLY spamtrap reports is usually a sign that the problem is more related to automatic bouncing of messages to the forged sender email address and not because of an open relay. However, if you feel you have solved the problem, you can contact the deputies<at>spamcop.net explaining your relationship to the IP in queston and what you have done to solve the problem and they will compare that information with what they see in the spamtrap messages and delist you if appropriate.

First of all, I did read through it. If you would take some time and read the spamcop site

I'll just have to see if I can find the time to do something like that. Thanks for the pointer .. to think that I was just sitting here being bored ..

I was trying to expedite the removal, and since I couldn't I was figuring there was a link there to expedite the removal. Thanks for no help.

You're quite welcome.

Looking at sender base, unless you just fixed the problem you had better keep looking see listing below

Report on IP address: 65.119.12.100

Volume Statistics for this IP

Magnitude Vol Change vs. Average

Last day -- 3.0 -- - - 615%

Last 30 days- 3.1 - - 856%

Average 2.1

Archived