Broken?

cuervo

Hi, everybody!

(Hi, Doctor Nick!)

I've been watching postfix logs go by, check this out...

Aug 15 09:40:02 carls01 postfix/smtpd[27152]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from ipma.athensoft.com[69.59.140.103]: 454 Service unavailable; Client host [69.59.140.103] blocked using bl.spamcop.net; Blocked - see http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?69.59.140.103; from=<*****> to=<*****> proto=ESMTP helo=<ipma.athensoft.com>

Note the URL. Now I go to that URL, hit the lookup, and I get:

69.59.140.103 not listed in bl.spamcop.net

I doing something wrong? Was working fine a day or two ago. Running three mailservers on the same site, they're all doing this.

Unfortunately, due to spammers actions, the web page you referenced is no longer realtime. If you do a munual DNS lookup on 103.140.59.69.bl.spamcop.net, you will see that the IP is indeed on the blocklist. Until the page updates, we will not be able to give you any firther information.

In addition, if you follow the senderbase link on that page you will see:

• an increase of over 3500% over yesterday
  • an increase of over 1000% compared to the last 30 days
  • you are also listed in sbl.spamhaus.org

Reports (if sent) would have been sent to: abuse[at]servepath.com

You should contact them first to see what the reports might say.

If you are responsible for that IP address, you can contact deputies<at>spamcop.net and ask them to check the reports and see if they can give you a clue as to what is happening.

Unfortunately, due to spammers actions, the web page you referenced is no longer realtime.  If you do a munual DNS lookup on 103.140.59.69.bl.spamcop.net, you will see that the IP is indeed on the blocklist. 

c{_}

you are also listed in sbl.spamhaus.org

Not us, I'm happy to say. :-) I catch and stomp spammers pretty quick on our end. This was just some random IP that flew through the logs.

Anyway, gotcha, thanks for your help.

I doing something wrong? Was working fine a day or two ago. Running three mailservers on the same site, they're all doing this.

You're not doing anything wrong. The DNSBL and the web site are built by different processes and sometimes get out of synch for a bit.

The IP address in your example is currently listed by bl.spamcop.net, but does not show up as listed on the web page.

Archived