do i need to registewr all my e-mail accounts

christian

hello,

i'm new to all of these "spam things".

since 1 1/2 week i use "mailwasher", because i got sick of all those unwanted mail (spam). Sometimes i have 70 e-mails a day with maybe 5/10 friendly e-mails.

so a friend told me to use mailwasher, so i can delete and bounce all the garbage directly at the server. in this prog. is also an option for "spamcop", so i found out about spamcop.

i registered only for reporting spam with a free account.

but i don't understand what to report and what not, because if you are unfamiliar whit spam, it is difficult to see the difference.

And furtheron, i use also more accounts with more aliasses and forwarders.

Do i need to "register" all these accounts, aliasses & forwarders??

i use "normal" e-mail accounts with aliasses with also "my own domain-adresses"(these are forwarders, isn't it ?). Do i need to enter them all??

And please keep it simple for me, i am dutch :rolleyes: so some terms are difficult for me in english (actually even in dutch :P ).

please help this newbee (or dummy :wacko: )

thnxs

hello,

i'm new to all of these "spam things".

since 1 1/2 week i use "mailwasher", because i got sick of all those unwanted mail (spam). Sometimes i have 70 e-mails a day with maybe 5/10 friendly e-mails.

Hello, and welcome aboard. Have a (virtual) cup of tea and a biscuit :rolleyes:

so a friend told me to use mailwasher, so i can delete and bounce all the garbage directly at the server. in this prog. is also an option for "spamcop", so i found out about spamcop.

Mailwasher allows you to delete or forward the garbage to Spamcop without downloading it to your computer - this is a GOOD thing. It also allows you to 'bounce' the mail to the return envelope, which is ALWAYS forged - this is a VERY BAD thing. PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS 'BOUNCE' feature. It only adds to the world's spam load as the 'bounces' always go to an innocent third party or non-existent address. It may also hit a spamtrap and get your ISP blacklisted.

i registered only for reporting spam with a free account.

but i don't understand what to report and what not, because if you are unfamiliar whit spam, it is difficult to see the difference.

And furtheron, i use also more accounts with more aliasses and forwarders.

Do i need to "register" all these accounts, aliasses & forwarders??

i use "normal" e-mail accounts with aliasses with also "my own domain-adresses"(these are forwarders, isn't it ?). Do i need to enter them all??

You may report all spam (unsolicited commercial e-mail) you may NOT report 'bounces' (see above, some idiot may be using Mailwasher!) viruses or virus backscatter (e-mail telling you machine is infected because your address has been forged in the return envelope header)

You should register all your email accounts with MAILHOSTS, that is all the different [at]domain.tld. You should not need to seperately register all your aliases at one domain. MAILHOSTS identifies and marks as trusted all the mail-servers from which you might forward mail. For more help see the FAQ's in the E-mail set-up forum.

If my English is too obstuse, or you need more help, feel free to ask here. ;)

Archived