Number of attachments now an issue?

I received this ia a PM. I can't recall seeing this specific issue being raised, so I sure don't have an answer either. I can only reference the size limits involved with an e-mail submittal. Any help to either answer the query or even back up the claim?

I tried to forward 155 messages all at once (busy weekend for spammers), but the SpamCop Autoresponder message said 64 were acceoted for processing. I'm going to remove them and try again.

I'm writing this to you because I think it should be mentioned in the FAQ somewhere.

Any indication of how this person was trying to report the spam? Forwarding from personal email account, forwarding from spamcop email account, "report as spam" from spamcop email account, etc. Submitting for full or quick reporting?

As I normally report 10 at a time maximum and report throughout the day, I can not testify to this information. I will pause my reporting and collect messages for the next couple of days and see if the problem occurs. My reporting will be from within spamcop webmail, however. I will try both the "Report as spam" link and the Forward link (which may have a limit on size or number of attachments).

I do know that I have reported, using VER, the maximum 100 messages as recently as 1 month ago using quick reporting (and others would be complaining loudly here if that were not working).

Kind of figured that. I will still be perfoming my testing for sanity sake.

The funny thing is I have almost started reporting my held mail aout 3 times since I started trying to collect the messages. If I am successful in not reporting early, I should have about 100 messages by tomorrow morning sometime. and I can start testing.

I regularly quick-report 180 held spams without difficulty. I think the original PMer was trying to email forward. A limit of 64 messages within a 100KByte forwarded message would be reasonable, as spam messages don't usually fall under 1KByte.

Well, something may have been modified on the webmail side of things. I had 100 messages in my held mail this morning ready for reporting.

100 and 75 messages, no documents attached in the forward window and the standard Subject: "Fwd: x Forwarded Messages" did not appear. Failed

50 messages allowed forward Total Attachments Size: 174.23KB Sent it off as a test. Reply: SpamCop has accepted 50 emails for processing

70 messages failed

60 messages allowed forward Total Attachments Size: 207.28 KB Sent it off as a test. Reply: SpamCop has accepted 60 emails for processing

65 messages failed

64 messages allowed forward Total Attachments Size: 218.70 KB Sent it off as a test. Reply: SpamCop has accepted 64 emails for processing

Then I tried the 64 largest documents in my held mail to see if there was some kind of sive limit beyond the webmail stated limit. (Maximum Attachment Size: 2,097,152 bytes)

64 messages allowed forward Total Attachments Size: 299.93 KB Sent it off as a test. Reply: SpamCop has accepted 64 emails for processing

So it seems webmail does not currently accept more that 64 messages to be forwarded at one time. It may have been a hidden limit before where only the first 64 actually were sent. Where this function (as I understand it, forward as attachment was an addon) was added by JT he may have modified the code.

Archived