New Member/Forwarded Spam returned with error

jalcott

Hey I am so looking forward to nailing some of these spammers that spam me. I found SpamCop using the search engines. I just registered and forwarded like 7 spam messages to the e-mail address provided. After forwarding the spam I received replys to each one with the following:

SpamCop encountered errors while saving spam for processing:

SpamCop could not find your spam message in this email:

Well I don't see how they couldn't have seen the spam. The whole e-mail was a forwarded spam. What can I do to correct this and hopefully nail these sleazy spammers and stop them from spamming me and everybody else?

The first obvious is that you are not using your tools correctly. That you jumped to doing an e-mail submission without doing some homework amd study suggests that even further problems may await you. I'll suggest you start by taking some time to go through the FAQ-in-Progress ... one of those items that says "Read before Posting" .... Had you read through some of the other Postings in here, you'd have noted that those that try to help have this little thing about having to guess at what tools are in use, what type of acount is being used, how the spam is actually handled ... little things that make it very difficult to pull the right rabbit out of the hat.

Wazoo is a little testy because he has worked so hard on getting the FAQ to be usuable! (and did a really great job - it is disheartening when people don't even look..)

It does make a difference what email reader you are using (like Outlook Express which is not the same as Outlook, Eudora, and I forget the names of the others).

However, for some like Outlook Express, you have to select 'forward as attachment' which is different than 'forward inline' For others like Outlook, Hotmail, Eudora, there are special instructions for submission because they do things to the email that makes it impossible for the parser to work correctly.

If you do look at the FAQ, you will find out what to do for your tools.

Miss Betsy

Archived