Repeatable server error?

MikeCaine

Hi,

I'm trying to report the following spam but always get the same error. I think it's HTML spam but I'm only looking at it in Inboxer's Advanced > Message Analysis option so I might not be seeing some of the HTML

Any ideas?

Regards

Mike

Return-Path: <root[at]ns.hostingplaza.com>

Received: from ns3.iomol.net (localhost [127.0.0.1])

by localhost (8.10.2/8.10.2) with ESMTP id i7HLNOB15036

for <mail[at]XXXXXXXXXX.com>; Tue, 17 Aug 2004 22:23:24 +0100

Received: from ns.hostingplaza.com ([210.114.223.213])

by [195.10.127.37] (8.10.2/8.10.2) with ESMTP id i7HLNNH15029

for <mail[at]XXXXXXXXXX.com>; Tue, 17 Aug 2004 22:23:23 +0100

Received: (from root[at]localhost)

by ns.hostingplaza.com (8.11.6/8.11.6) id i7HMIPr11271;

Wed, 18 Aug 2004 07:18:25 +0900

Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 07:18:25 +0900

Message-Id: <200408172218.i7HMIPr11271[at]ns.hostingplaza.com>

To: mail[at]XXXXXXXXXX.com

Subject: ***Renew Your Records***

X-UIDL: k*p!!A:\!!-e'#!6#k!!

Dear U.S. Bank valued member,

Due to concerns, for the safety and integrity of the Internet Banking community we have

issued this warning message.

It has come to our attention that your account information needs to be updated due to

inactive accounts, frauds and spoof reports. If you could please take 5-10 minutes out of

your online experience and renew your records you will not run into any future problems

with the online service. However, failure to update your records will result in account

deletation.

Once you have updated your account records your online banking account will not be

interrupted and will continue as normal.

Please follow the link below and renew your account information.

http://www.usbank.com/cgi_w/cfm/personal/a...ount_access.cfm

U.S. Bank Internet Banking

Sorry, the error is the results page down to the Resolving link obfuscation part when the results page is shown again but with

Resolving link obfuscation

[an error occurred while processing this directive] 500 Internal Server Error

next time it gets to the same section

It is better to post the Tracking URL instead of the message via cut and paste as varrious browser do distort the message which makes it difficut to tell what really happened.

Also please indicate how you did report it.

Forward as attachement?

cut and paste?

Dragged into IMAP folder?

Reported from VER interface?

Reported from WebMail interface?

etc.

It is better to post the Tracking URL instead of the message via cut and paste as varrious browser do distort the message which makes it difficut to tell what really happened.

Ah, right. I think this is the tracking URL -

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z610653823z9e...3f8698d5d43989z

(later... that url doesn't suffer from the error that I had when I first posted it, although posting the mail into the web interface now still gives the same error)

Also please indicate how you did report it.

Forward as attachement?

cut and paste?

I always cut and paste it into the web interface but I always get the same error.

I've now reported it by forwarding the email

Thanks

Mike

The forwarded email came back with

"SpamCop encountered errors while saving spam for processing: SpamCop could not find your spam message in this email:"

I wonder if there's anything in the HTML spam that's there to confuse spamcop?

15377[/snapback]

When you say forwarded, do you mean forwarded as an attachement or did you simply click on the forward button?

Normal forward all to often alters headers that can yield the result that you previously stated.

Most likely problem is that there is no blank line between the headers and the messages. The result would then be that the parser would not find the message and would consider it all part of the headers.

You failed to post the tracking ULR of the message that failed so everything is still just a guess.

If you do you the cut and paste method, you need to view the message source and then copy the entire source (headers and messages) being sure that there is a black line between the headers and the source and that there are NO black lines contained within the headers.

Archived