dont seem to be reporting spam

Stardotstar

I keep getting this message:

No data / Too much data

You are most likely submitting a very large email. Please trim some of the unnecessary data (noting where this has been done) from this posting and try again. SpamCop will no longer accept email larger than 50.0K bytes.

Other possibilities: You may have a firewall which prevents HTTP POST commands, you may have linked to the wrong URL or your browser does not handle binary submissions correctly (try a different browser)

I delete parts of the header but i still get it. Whays up?

I'm thinking about re-painting my living room. Which of these three colors do you think goes with the rest of the house?

If you want some analysis done on your spam submittal issue, one would normally provide something for someone to look at. The parsing page provides just such a link. Please provide that link amd perhaps some discussion can take place here.

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z619670089ze0...e87ab87e7d85ecz

I'm thinking about re-painting my living room.  Which of these three colors do you think goes with the rest of the house?

If you want some analysis done on your spam submittal issue, one would normally provide something for someone to look at.  The parsing page provides just such a link.  Please provide that link amd perhaps some discussion can take place here.

15663[/snapback]

I got it again after submitting this one also:

Return-Path: <uiz[at]delta.com>

Received: from XXXXXXXXXX.biz (202.88.159.117) by mta6.wss.scd.yahoo.com (7.0.016)

id 412419D60027D27D for xxxxxxxxx[at]xxxxxxxxxx.biz; Sun, 22 Aug 2004 16:44:31 -0700

Message-ID: <412419D60027D27D[at]mta6.wss.scd.yahoo.com> (added by postmaster[at]mail.san.yahoo.com)

To: xxxxxxxxxx[at]XXXXXXXXXXX.biz

Subject: Error

Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 05:13:58 +0530

MIME-Version: 1.0

Content-Type: multipart/mixed;

boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0016----=_NextPart_000_0016"

X-Priority: 3

X-MSMail-Priority: Normal

quote=Stardotstar,Aug 22 2004, 07:29 PM]

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z619670089ze0...e87ab87e7d85ecz

15664[/snapback]

No data / Too much data

You are most likely submitting a very large email. Please trim some of the unnecessary data (noting where this has been done) from this posting and try again. SpamCop will no longer accept email larger than 50.0K bytes.

I will have to repeat the same thing Wazoo said, please provide a copy of the message you recieved which you posted a small portion of. Without the headers it is useless information.

As to the two ULR's you posted, I do not see how they directly relate to the question you are asking.

<snip>Parsing header:

Received:  from star-dot-star.biz (202.88.159.117) by mta6.wss.scd.yahoo.com (7.0.016) id 412419D60027D27D for x; Sun, 22 Aug 2004 16:44:31 -0700

202.88.159.117 found

host 202.88.159.117 (getting name) no name

Possible spammer: 202.88.159.117

Received line accepted

Tracking message source: 202.88.159.117:

Routing details for 202.88.159.117

[refresh/show] Cached whois for 202.88.159.117 : spam[at]hathway.net

Using abuse net on spam[at]hathway.net

abuse net hathway.net = postmaster[at]spectranet.com, abuse[at]hathway.com, postmaster[at]hathway.net

Using best contacts postmaster[at]spectranet.com abuse[at]hathway.com postmaster[at]hathway.net

Yum, this spam is fresh!

Message is 1 hours old

202.88.159.117 not listed in dnsbl.njabl.org

202.88.159.117 not listed in dnsbl.njabl.org

202.88.159.117 listed in cbl.abuseat.org ( 127.0.0.2 )

202.88.159.117 is an open proxy

202.88.159.117 not listed in query.bondedsender.org

202.88.159.117 not listed in iadb.isipp.com

No body provided, check format of submission

If reported today, reports would be sent to:<snip>

Are you refering to "No body provided, check format of submission"

The fact is that the body of the message is missing, the only thing the parcer received were the headers.

For more information on blank emails see the FAQ

Looking at your last post, it would appear that you are using the cut and paste method for summitting email and the only thing that you pasted is the header. Without the entire message SpamCop can and will not do anything.

How about trying to submit by forwarding as an attachement?

But to repeat, you are yet to supply any useful information about your original post, which apparently is a cut and paste of the body only

Things are getting worse quickly. I'm going to have to send you back to square one and start from the beginning. What exactly are you submitting? The Tracking URLs you've provided show something very off the wall .... no body in either one of them, Subject: Line - "Error" ???? too few Received lines showing as far as I'm concerned .... How about you take a few minuted and read through some of the toher posts in the Forum, read through the FAQ a bit, then see if you can get "us" a bit closer to what's really going on.

I have always "cut and pasted the header" and submitted it. I would then get the report that would list who to send to and add any message.

Since recent changes on the site, and I read another post similar, this is all I get is the original post message. If the message from spamcop says: "No data / Too much data " how in the world can I post the whole message?

There's nothing in the message because NAV strips them because they contain a virus, so the only thing left to send is the header, as I have alway been able to do until recent changes.

Believe me, I'm just as puzzled as you are!!

There's nothing in the message because NAV strips them because they contain a virus, so the only thing left to send is the header, as I have alway been able to do until recent changes.

For one thing, reporting viruses via spamcop is not allowed. Perhaps the recent changes were made to prevent people from reporting viruses as you were doing.

OTOH, perhaps you were submitting the headers in order to get an address to send your own report (not using spamcop). I don't know if the recent changes did affect that.

Miss Betsy

Geez, why has this turned into something so complicated! No I was not reporting the mail as virus mail, I considered it spam mail and since NAV is stripping the body and text, I don't know what it is.

The tone of the assistance here seems so defensive. All I wanted to do was report the spam mail as I have always done, but can't. I know how to use other services to look up ISP and info. Your site has obviously changed.

All I was doing was seeking help and instead I get slammed.

Thanks anyway, I'll find another site to use!

For one thing, reporting viruses via spamcop is not allowed.  Perhaps the recent changes were made to prevent people from reporting viruses as you were doing.

OTOH, perhaps you were submitting the headers in order to get an address to send your own report  (not using spamcop).  I don't know if the recent changes did affect that.

Miss Betsy

15672[/snapback]

I, for one, haven't a clue as to what "recent changes" you might be talking about that would impact the reporting issues you're trying to describe. Page layout design doesn't have much to do with the parsing engine.

Defensive ???? asking for clarification, definitions, and examples is hardly defensive. I'm still looking for "getting slammed" unless you're objecting to my analogy of painting a room .. I still think it was a perfect match ...

Look at all the data you added while bitching about the attempted support ... some of that data provided in your first post would have cleared a lot of things up immensely. From the range of answers, it's apparent that I wasn't the only trying to sort out your issues from the other side of the hill.

Good luck where ever you end up. It's pretty well known that there is no competitive site to accomplish what Julian's tool set does.

No I was not reporting the mail as virus mail, I considered it spam mail and since NAV is stripping the body and text, I don't know what it is.

It does NOT matter if you consider it spam. If it is a virus, a bounce because of a virus, or anything else virus related, it is not reportable through spamcop, period.

You can use spamcop to determine the reporting address to use for a manual LART if you are so inclined, but that is it. In that case, you aprse the message yourself and just submit the IP address to report.

Geez, why has this turned into something so complicated! No I was not reporting the mail as virus mail, I considered it spam mail and since NAV is stripping the body and text, I don't know what it is.

The tone of the assistance here seems so defensive. All I wanted to do was report the spam mail as I have always done, but can't. I know how to use other services to look up ISP and info. Your site has obviously changed.

All I was doing was seeking help and instead I get slammed.

You talk about getting slammed, you have failed to provide the requested and required information necessary to help you. How many time do we have to ask???

I will try one more time and try to make it simple enought that you might finally understand what we are asking for!!!!!!

To quote your very first post

No data / Too much data

Other possibilities: You may have a firewall which prevents HTTP POST commands, you may have linked to the wrong URL or your browser does not handle binary submissions correctly (try a different browser)

I delete parts of the header but i still get it. Whays up?

Where did this message come from?

Please post a COMPLETE copy of this message including all headers.

You say that

There's nothing in the message because NAV strips them because they contain a virus, so the only thing left to send is the header
BUT

No data / Too much data

had to come from somewhere, unless you simply made it up.

What we can not understand is your repeated refusal to provide this requested information.

I have no idea how I can make it any clearer, if anyone else does, go ahead and try, but I am beginning to feel that this is another case of asking for help but refusing to listen causing us to waste our time on a hopeless situation.

No I was not reporting the mail as virus mail, I considered it spam mail and since NAV is stripping the body and text, I don't know what it is.
SpamCop does not care what "you consider it" to be. If it is a virus, which it apparently is or why would NAV be stripping it out if it were not a virus?

Additionally, wether it is a virus or not, SpamCop rules do not permit reporting spam that has been materially altered and it does not matter who altered it, you or NAV. If it has been altered, it is NOT to be reported.

We are NOT slamming you, we are simply trying to get you to understand what is happening, but by your replies you do not understand what we are saying, therfore we keep trying to make the point stronger until 1) you actually understand it, or 2) we simply give up on you, because some people just can not be helped. They ask for help but refuse to take it when it is given.

Until you provide some useful information to permit us to help you, this is the last time I am going to reply to you.

I'm thinking about re-painting my living room.  Which of these three colors do you think goes with the rest of the house?

15663[/snapback]

The one on the right. However, if you were thinking of changing the carpet, the one in the middle would be better. :rolleyes:

The one on the right. However, if you were thinking of changing the carpet, the one in the middle would be better. :rolleyes:

15686[/snapback]

I vote for the one on the left

Stardotstar, do you finally get the point of what we are saying?

Archived