Held mail slipping through?

I searched back and didn't find a thread on this, so please don't jump on me for not looking first.

I've noticed on occasion that spam will get into my inbox in the SpamCop webmail interface, but after I move it to the held folder, I'll find that it's listed as being on one of the blocked lists. I have ALL block lists selected, so why are messages slipping through?

Shouldn't the block list snag all messages?

thx

Shouldn't the block list snag all messages?

It is a issue of timing.

When the mail was received, it was not listed.

When you processes the mail (maybe hours after it was received by SpamCop) it was listed.

So the answer to your question is No (unless you can come up with some crystal ball that can predict what sites will become listed and act on that prediction before it actually happens)

It is a issue of timing.

When the mail was received, it was not listed.

When you processes the mail (maybe hours after it was received by SpamCop) it was listed.

So the answer to your question is No (unless you can come up with some crystal ball that can predict what sites will become listed and act on that prediction before it actually happens)

15750[/snapback]

That makes sense...I keep my mail up for 12 hours a day at work and check it every 20 minutes or so. The times that this occurs is usually overnight and not when I have mail mail up.

thx

Archived