Hotmail acting up

Three Storms

Hi, Three Storms!

Every time I select "view e-mail message source" all it does is take me back to the main e-mail page. Does anyone know how to fix it so I can get proper info for reporting?

15999[/snapback]

...Does your question have to do with the SpamCop E-mail system? If so, you might have better luck getting replies if you ask the Moderator(s) to move this to the Email forum.

Every time I select "view e-mail message source" all it does is take me back to the main e-mail page. Does anyone know how to fix it so I can get proper info for reporting?

15999[/snapback]

Please provide the following information:

Operation System and version:

EMail viewing software: browser / email client / etc (include version #

Define step by step what you mean by I select "view e-mail message source" as there may be multiple ways at getting to that option which may have different results.

The result: (already provided) "all it does is take me back to the main e-mail page"

though "main e-mail page" may need to be defined if not defined in the step by step process earlier

Folks, Three Storms is talking about the Hotmail webmail interface.

Three Storms,

I have a Hotmail account and when I click on "View e-mail message source" when viewing a message, a new browser window pops up over the one I'm viewing containing the source. The new window is made up of frames -- two horizontal "panes" -- the upper one containing the MSN logo and this text:

"This new browser window has been opened to display the attachment sent with your message. Close it to return to ."

and the lower one containing the raw source, starting with an "X-Message-Info" line.

Perhaps you're using some kind of popup blocker that's interfering with opening up the new window? As "dbiel" said, you should tell us which browser you're using, but the use of a third-party popup blocker might be your problem.

DT

Thanks for the info. I use winXP and do have a pop-up blocker, but I turned it off and it's still the same problem. It displays what's in the top of an e-mail but not what's in the body in raw form.

Minor (?) detail .. this last post doesn't match your original post/query. Something changed, so I don't see "the same problem" from what you've presented.

Thanks for the info. I use winXP and do have a pop-up blocker, but I turned it off and it's still the same problem. It displays what's in the top of an e-mail but not what's in the body in raw form.

16111[/snapback]

It would seem that DavidT is on the right track but you have almost completely ignored my earlier post which leaves us guessing at how to help you.
Folks, Three Storms is talking about the Hotmail webmail interface. <snip>

Perhaps you're using some kind of popup blocker that's interfering with opening up the new window? As "dbiel" said, you should tell us which browser you're using, but the use of a third-party popup blocker might be your problem.

DT

16045[/snapback]

You replied to his request about the popup blocker but why did you ignore his repeated request to "you should tell us which browser you're using"? This is actually the more important part of the question so I will repeat my previous request

Please provide the following information:

Operation System and version: answered in part - winXP

EMail viewing software: browser / email client / etc (include version # Totally ignored

Define step by step what you mean by I select "view e-mail message source" as there may be multiple ways at getting to that option which may have different results.Totally ignored

The result: (already provided) "all it does is take me back to the main e-mail page"

though "main e-mail page" may need to be defined if not defined in the step by step process earlier more information provided which is good It displays what's in the top of an e-mail but not what's in the body in raw form.

Additional information provided That is helpful have a pop-up blocker, but I turned it off and it's still the same problem Possibly still the same problem, but the the stated results have changed implying that turning off the popup blocker had some effect.

how about filling in the rest of the blanks

Failing to do so leads to Wazoo's reply

Minor (?) detail .. this last post doesn't match your original post/query.  Something changed, so I don't see "the same problem" from what you've presented.

16113[/snapback]

I do actually see the same problem but manifested differently, yet lacking additional information from you all we are doing is testing out our varrious crystal balls none of which are very reliable.

Archived