Report another spam? not being asked.

doc_sandy

I am used to spam Cop asking me after I report one spam:

Report another spam?

This then takes me to the next unreported spam, etc.

Now it just reports one and I have to back to my email program (or Mailwasher) and click on the next URL etc. until I get them all done.

Has something on the spam Cop end changed, or is it something I am doing differently?

Appreciate any assistance!

Thanks!

Sandy

Report another spam?

Now it just reports one and I have to back to my email program (or Mailwasher) and click on the next URL etc. until I get them all done.

Has something on the spam Cop end changed, or is it something I am doing differently?

Thanks!

Sandy

16444[/snapback]

It probably has to do with the new policy regarding user names and passwords.

If you click on the email link to finish the processing process you are NOT logged into your account and only the one report will be processed. If you go directly to the web site and log in (can be done automaticly using cookies) then it works the way it has in the past.

"Report another spam" links to the reporting page where you can drop another spam into the reporting window, or it tells you how to submit by email.

The "Report Now" link is for spams you've already forwarded to Spamcop. When you click on the "Report Now" link your already submitted spam will be parsed by Spamcop. Then, you'll have to click on the "Send Reports" button to actually send the spam reports to the offending ISP's.

So, it's a multi-step process.

Even now I'll get confused and click on the "Report Another spam" link thinking it's going to send something off, when it fact it's only the starting place for bringing up the reporting Window and instructions.

Clear as mud? Right, that's they way they intended it apparently :P

Thanks flagginator for your reply, it is a very good point and may be the doc_sandy's real problem. Since it was stated that it use to work, my crystal ball translated "Report another spam?" as "Report Now"

Before the password change I was able to click on the link for one message and then simply continue process the rest of the messages, now I find that I must log on to the site independant of the link for the "Report Now" option to appear.

Report another spam?

Thanks!

Sandy

16444[/snapback]

I have COOKIES enabled login for http://www.spamcop.net

I go to http://www.spamcop.net and if the "Report Now" link is there then my spam is ready for parsing.

No "Report Now" link means no spam is ready to be parsed. If it's only been a few minutes since I reported the spam then I might have to "refresh" the page or come back later and refresh. Once the "Report Now" link is live I'm good to go to the next level of reporting.

It probably has to do with the new policy regarding user names and passwords.

If you click on the email link to finish the processing process you are NOT logged into your account and only the one report will be processed. If you go directly to the web site and log in (can be done automaticly using cookies) then it works the way it has in the past.

16445[/snapback]

Thanks so much - I think this is the problem.

Sandy

Archived