reasons for blocking

fedup

As it turns out, it is a server problem, so my computer is clear, and I am fairly sure now that my email address was not attached to any of the spam sent from my IP address. I refer to it as "my" IP address, due to the fact that it is allocated to me, not anybody else. While they are not officially fixed, they very rarely change (unless the new system has changed all that). Had SpamCop had the decency to provide me with that information when I asked, I would have known whether the spam was being generated by someone on campus, or not, as in order for them to link both my email and IP addresses, they would need access to either my computer, or computing services. As for my home ISP, that is actually IOL, not UCD. UCD (quite righthly from what I've seen so far) completely ignore SpamCop, and only got involved because I made the query. The only reason I bothered to make the query was because of the little bit of information that DavidT was able to provide me, not because of the lack of information that SpamCop provided. As for the "...What part of "write to the deputies to get the information you require" didn't you understand?" comment, I have been on to them, however the post you were responding to was a direct reply by me to Wazoo, nothing else.

fedup, at this point you have twisted so may things around, to include facts, identities, terminologies, and now even loctions and domains ... it's hard to figure just what kind of story you have going on here, what stories you seem to be picking up on as being gospel, and just what the real situation is (though it appears a bit obvious that the "real deal" turns out to be what's been said all along, to include the FAQ data.) I'm glad that you know seem to think that this is all a server issue and not your e-mail address ... though as I seem to recall, this is exactly how the responses all started ... The "Why am I Blocked" FAQ was put together and posted so "we" wouldn't have to go through this explanation on a daily basis. So sorry that you couldn't be bothered to actually look through it and apply that data to your own situation.

The "Why am I Blocked" FAQ was put together and posted so "we" wouldn't have to go through this explanation on a daily basis. So sorry that you couldn't be bothered to actually look through it and apply that data to your own situation.

The dispay of a typical rant and rage temporary troll we see here every once in a while, difficult to deal with, but fortunately back in the vacuum of cyberspace and never heard from again...

Archived